Prologue

CHAPTER ONE WILL BE UPLOADED LATER TODAY!

Here's the prologue to keep you held over ;)

Thank you for the awesome cover, Kirstin_fanacc <33

For everyone else that submitted/wants to submit fanart/edits, I'll display them for different chapters. Please email me at benson_violet@yahoo.com or send them on Tumblr: batvioletbee.tumblr.com

Enjoy :) chapter one coming out later!

---

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock…

My finger bounced up and down with the beat of the ticking clock. Granted, I wasn’t supposed to be there seeing it was a crime scene, but I had to be here. I couldn’t just sit in a hotel and wait for something to happen.

The clock chimed midnight and I averted my eyes up to the round black and white object on the kitchen wall. I stared at it with determination in my eyes. I didn’t feel scared sitting in this house anymore, because I already saw the worst of the worst. I’ve seen three people die and I’ve seen the undead. I’ve seen everyone’s faces twist in horror as all the truths of this hell forsaken home came to light. I saw everyone’s sense of comfort be stripped away from them only to remind them that this house was not in fact, their home.

I was badly damaged from the war that was going on in this small area in such a short amount of time, but the cold only numbed the pain that I should have been feeling in that moment. The breeze whipped through the house as if I were outside, blowing the broken glass from the windows around the wooden floors as if it were mocking me.

No one wanted to come back here, especially after losing Scar. No one was a huge fan of his, but in the end he was one of the closest friends I’d ever ended up making. He was dead because of me and my obsession with discovering this place’s secrets. So was Mute. So was Natalie. So was Mr. Montgomery.

Four lives were on me, and that’s what made me not feel so bad about what today was going to bring. I was guilty on all charges and even though the cops suspected other people, I couldn’t live with the guilt any longer. I couldn’t watch my friends get tortured and murdered. I couldn’t let anyone else die. There was only one more life I was willing to let go.

Today is February 13th, 2014, and today is the day I am supposed to die.