HimiKaeMaki Shenanigans (1.Baking Birthday)

Yes I know it's Kaede's birthday and I'll make another short for that but...I was planning to make an Akameno baking thing then I had an idea to make it Maki's birthday to make me feel better. Plus HimiKaeMaki.

I'll make a Kaede short for her b-day but I don't want to rewrite this part that took me a full day to write.

And tbh I remembered about Kaede's birthday as soon as I was done writing it.

~~~

"Okay," Kaede set a bowl on the counter in the kitchen counter, "All we need to make Maki a cake for her birthday!"

The counter had all the basic needs for a cake. Flour, eggs, butter, milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, and sugar. The tools they needed were also present like a whisk and a pan. The cookbook was on the counter, next to all the ingredients. 

Himiko tilted her head, "What flavor cake should we make?" The redhead asked, popping up next to the pianist. Kaede scratched her cheek, "I didn’t think about that. I got so excited to make a cake I forgot what flavor she likes."

They stood in silence to think. What would Maki like?

"Why not make a normal vanilla one?' Kaede asked looking at the vanilla already on the counter, "But then again, that's basically like we’re not trying. Maki deserves better than a plain cake. Especially from us, right Himiko?"

The mage nodded knowingly, "Nyeh, but I don’t think she’s picky. Maybe we should make a chocolate cake." Kaede shook her head, "Maki only likes dark chocolate, I don’t think she would do fine with that kind of cake."

Two options of cake are already out. Both the regular two are very popular.

They stood there for another twenty minutes trying to think of a cake. What could be the perfect cake for Maki? They obviously couldn’t do all their ideas especially if they needed to decorate the cake as well.

Thinking of asking Kirumi was out of the question. She was already busy with other things like preparing for the birthday party for Maki. They don’t want to disturb her if she has too much stuff to do. And besides, it’s cake, they thought they could handle a cake for Maki. They only found out it was harder than they thought.

They have already denied almost every flavor they thought of. Lemon cake? Does Maki like lemons? Carrot cake? Sounds gross, Maki would not like that. Black forest, rainbow, fruit cake, marble cake, cherry cake, cake, cake, cake, cake. No flavor was right. Nothing.

'I give up." Kaede sighed in defeat, "We’ve been standing here for twenty-five minutes with nothing."

Himiko pulled at her hat, "I would use my magic to figure out what she likes but I'm low on MP."

They’re in defeat. Who knew Maki was a hard person to make a cake for.

"What are you doing?"

Himiko and Kaede heard a familiar voice. They look at the doorway to see the brunette standing in the doorway.

Kaede waved her hands, "Oh, we’re doing nothing-"

"We don’t know what flavor of cake you want." Himiko blurted out the truth. Sure it was supposed to be a surprise but they have no idea what to make.

"A cake?" Maki walked over to them, "Well one, I don’t do cake."

Well, that already shot the cake flavor out the window. At least they knew before they made a cake that she wasn’t going to be happy with it. They had that twenty-minute scuffle for nothing though.

Maki walked over to a drawer and pulled it open. Kaede and Himiko watch as she pulls something out. They were...cupcake liners?

"But I like cupcakes." Maki puffed her cheeks like she was embarrassed. Maki walked over to them and placed the liner on the counter where they were. Himiko looked at her, "I didn’t know you liked cupcakes."

"That’s because I don’t tell anyone that." Maki looked to the side and played with her hair. Kaede patted her head, "So we’re the first people to know this huh?"

The brunette did a slight nod still flustered with admitting she likes cupcakes.

Himiko picked up the cookbook, 'Since you’re here and we have no idea what you want, could you stay and help us with your birthday desert?" Himiko asked as she tugged at Maki’s arm, hoping she would stay to help them.

The caregiver looked at the two girls on each of her sides. She sighed and smiled, "Fine, I'll help."

After that, Himiko, Kaede, and Maki made cupcakes. Completing the desert for Maki's birthday. Together.

~~~

I wrote this even tho it wasn't what I planned to write because I was depressed and in a mood for HimiKaeMaki stuff. So I made this.

It was originally going to be a oneshot until I realized I could write more so I'm making this a series!

🔦Make sure you carry a flashlight.🔦