Hope or Despair? (2)

Aye, finally.

You won't believe how many times I had to rewrite this chapter because I couldn't make up my mind.

I edited my "please read" and I'm not writing honorifics because I know I'll get them wrong. So they will call them all by their first names or nicknames. I'm sorry if this offends anyone.

Since Shuichi, Himiko, and Maki's personalities are different because of despair, I am happy to explain my headcanons in another chapter if you want. If I do, it'll be labeled "Hope or Despair (0)."

One last thing, this story will include blood, death, and spoilers from this part to the end of the story, be mindful.

Please enjoy.

~~~

Maki walked alone along the street. Passing by abandoned buildings and corpses that littered the road.

"Sinners deserve to die."

Maki stopped in her tracks.

It's the voice again.

Maki started walking again but at a faster pace. She rolled her eyes, "What's the point in telling me something I already know?"

The voice chuckled, "Sinners always deserve to die, and you're the one who gets rid of them." Maki looked down at the dead bodies lining the street, "You're doing the right thing, and they want to stop you."

Maki frowned, "Sinners deserve the most despair in their useless, pathetic lives. I'm only removing the sinners from the world and they thank me by calling me by a disgusting nickname." She said, clasping her scythe from her back into both of her hands.

"All of them are trying to defy you, Maki, they are all sinners who deserve to burn." The last thing the voice said to her as Maki once again stopped walking.

Maki gripped her weapon in her hand as she looked up the building, her earpiece picked up, "Remember, grab the computer."

Maki slashed her scythe through the front door, opening it to her, "On it."

---

"She's killing us, requesting-" The man was caught off by a sudden pain in their stomach. He was stabbed. He fell to the ground, twitching, blood oozing from the stab wound.

Maki removed the scythe and picked her weapon up, ready to finish the job.

"Hello, hello?" She turned her head to the talking device the man had in his hand. The man in the suit reached for it, gritting his teeth through the pain, "Where ar-" Maki swiftly stepped on the device, smashing it to bits.

She looked down the hallway and back to the man, barely alive on the ground, "Your comrades asked for help and you ran away, that deserves a trip to Hell."

The man looked up at her, reaching his hand out, "Damn...yo...you...Grim-" her scythe swung down and stabbed him in the back once again. He yelled in pain.

Maki squatted down next to him and cringed, "Don't call me by a stupid nickname, and from the mouth of a disgusting sinner is unforgivable." He looked into her dark red eyes as his vision faded to black. She stood back up and pulled her scythe out of his wound, twitching his body up a little.

She placed the scythe over her shoulder, blood still dripping from the tip. Maki groaned, "Let's get this over with."

She walked a few more steps and reached an open door. Maki looked inside and found a computer. She quietly walked inside, placed her scythe on her back, and looked at the computer.

"This is it." Maki picked up the computer, closed it, and placed it between her arm. She tapped her earpiece, "I have retrieved the laptop, coming back as we speak."

---

Maki made it to a building that looked abandoned and walked into the entrance. She walked inside and walked straight to the stairs.

She walked down the stairs to the basement. The assassin walked down the hallway until she saw a bright light in a room. She walked towards the room and stopped once she reached the door frame.

The room had many screens, mostly security camera footage around the building and others

She silently leaned against the frame as she saw someone look up at her.

"Do you have the computer?" He asked as he reached out his hand. Maki silently walked up and placed the computer on the desk, "I collected the computer you asked for."

He grinned and pulled the computer closer to him, "Well done."

Maki looked in the upper corner of the room, "I'm going to go to Himiko's magic show, I'll be her bodyguard."

He raised an eyebrow, "There's no need, we have to discuss our next plan."

She retaliated, "My plan is Himiko, Shuichi, I'm going to the magic show to be her bodyguard." (A/n: MY HARUMENO HEART!)

He thought of something and immediately gave in. He sighed, "Fine, but after, I will need you and Himiko to come back here to discuss plans."

Maki turned around, "Yeah yeah, whatever. If I get to kill sinners, I'm fine with that."

"Is there a reason why you're going anyways?" Shuichi asked while opening the laptop to display the screen. Maki looked forward at the dark hallway, "If sinners are trying to find Himiko, I'll kill them."

"As long as it displays the most despair." He waved off.

Maki left the room, without speaking another word.

"You know," the voice came back, "They're the only people who understand you. Who needs that wannabe astronaut anyway?"

The assassin's head lowered, her eyes hiding behind her bangs.

"No one."

~~~

Who finished it? Who thought it was good? Raise your virtual hand.

Also, I lied, I'm not posting this on Ao3 yet. I'll post it when I'm halfway done with what I'm planning.

So yes, I have let you down but I will post it when I'm halfway done.

And yes, I am at 2000 words with my TsuMakiYoma and I'm not even 1/12 done with it. It's a crackfic I know no one's going to read but I will put most of my effort to make it funny as my unfunny self can. :D

🔦Make sure you carry a flashlight.🔦