The Prince's Meant to Be

Hi, I decided to post my Oumeno week story here as well, ik 2 weeks later, but decided to post it here because...idk, I wasn't going to in the first place but I feel like some people might want to read it? And I asked my sister for advice and she said to do it.

It's an angst.

~~~

Once upon a time, long long ago, in a small remote land, lived a prince named Kokichi Ouma.

He was described by his people to be a trickster, often seen picking on his servants or knights whenever he had the chance.

But one day, Kokichi left to journey around the world with his friend Himiko. His hopes, and only purpose? To seek out a future bride.

To bring prosperity or not, his goal was to find her.

On this journey, they visited all sorts of lands. One was the Land of the Stars. The Land of the Stars had a very beautiful night sky, filled with many many stars. They seem to shimmer brighter than anywhere else before.

When they arrived to meet, the king, Kaito Momota, wasn't so willing to have his sister off and wed to a known trickster like prince Kokichi. Understanding, Kokichi knew that would come to mind whenever he would ask for his sister's hand in marriage.

Besides, his sister isn't the type he sees marrying anytime soon. She still needs to learn about the stars and all their meanings, where the zodiac signs are, and when they come every year. Even though her body is old enough, her mind is too young to marry now.

Himiko only patted his back and wished that maybe it would be the next land to come where they'll find the right princess for him.

Kaito gave his condolences, apologizing for wasting their time; but wished them luck at the next land.

Another land was the Land of Robotics. A very futuristic place. No corner turned has there not been a being without metal. Many machines worked throughout the kingdom, sometimes seen getting repaired by other beings.

Alas, meeting the king, K1-B0; Kiibo as he said you could call him, it wasn't surprising that he was part of the metal beings. He was 100% metal and running his land with no problem of getting broken.

Kiibo, even though he doesn't have a princess yet, suggested making a princess for Kokichi to marry. He came to their peaceful land, he should repay him for this.

Kokichi refused this notion, stating that this princess also didn't fit his standards. A princess that doesn't exist yet? It doesn't feel right nor does he like the idea of being married to something as young as a simple baby.

It hurt the king knowing this, but he understood what he meant. He needs someone who can be mature, that's something he can't make out of metal. He gave a simple nod, giving them a simple understanding look.

He may not be entirely human, but he does understand what Kokichi was trying to look for. And metal is something he is not.

Himiko turned towards Kokichi telling him that they should move on to somewhere else, knowing he won't get anywhere with a makeshift princess if he decided to change his mind about courting the metal.

They went to many different lands in this journey, some deadlier than the others. Some of the deadlier encounters were caused by Kokichi himself but you didn't hear that from me.

But one thing for certain, they didn't give up on Kokichi's purpose to marry a princess.

Until the day they found the right princess.