Dont slip up

A/n I feel like I need to put an extra trigger warning for later in the chapter, it gets kinda graphic. I'll put '***' at the beginning and end

Veronicas POV

I feel my stomach drop. What the hell is he doing here? He followed us all the way to a fucking campsite, and what even for? If he could follow me, I don't get why he hadn't done anything all week.

"What. do. you. want." I grumble seething with rage, "you've got five seconds before I run inside and call the cops on your sorry ass."

I think about making a run for it. Not to call the cops, but to get inside away from him.

He swiftly grabs my arm, and states matter of factly, "You won't. You already know if I go down you go down with me."

God damn he's right. I got myself into all this, but I can't get myself out of it. Whatever happens, I can't let him get back to our campsite. Although if he wanted to kill them both, he would've done it already.

"I just wanted to offer you a little deal-"

"First, you better explain to me what you're even doing here. How did you follow us all the way here?" I ask with a shaky voice.

"Like I haven't known where you've been the whole time," he mutters sarcastically, "it isn't that hard to find Heathers jeep parked in a driveway."

"Well why didn't you do anything?" I snap curiously. I'm absolutely terrified, but at the same time I'm also really confused.

"I like to keep the suspense. It really makes you paranoid, and then you let your guard down," he says yanking my arm towards him as I try and back away.

I wince in pain, and try to keep my cool.

"You stay away from them," I say frantically, my legs trembling, "Don't come near me, my friends, my girlfriend, or anybody. Just leave. Us. Alone."

"Girlfriend?" He questions smugly, "and who would that be?"

Shit. Oh fuck oh shit oh no no no. I break free from his grip on my arms, and take a shaky step back, thinking over what I just said.

"That girlfriend of yours wouldn't happen to be Heather Duke, would she? Because if so, that changes everything." He goes on as I stand in silence, my hands shaking at my side.

What's he going to do? He already wants her dead, what more could he possibly want.

"I'm right, aren't I?" He guesses based on my stunned expression, and lack of a response.

"We...well I-" My voice trails off.

"Don't worry," he cuts me off, "this plays perfectly into the deal I had to offer you."

"huh?"

"You're right. She really has changed. I've seen her in the hall, and she's a completely different person. She isn't a huge bitch like she used to be."

I'm so confused as to what he's getting at. No shit she's nicer, she isn't being treated like garbage anymore. She has Heather and I, and she's changed, just like I knew she could.

"But that's clearly because of you, Veronica. She got better because you helped her," he rants on, "if you weren't going out with her, she'd go back to being the heartless asshole she used to be. A bossy, stuck up, apathetic, bitch."

"Don't talk about her like that!" I scowl.

"All I'm saying is that she only changed because you probably fuck her brains out every night. Without you, she's nothing but trouble. And if she can't be nice without help, then she isn't."