Innocent

Washington DC 
Navy Yard 
1:47 am

McGee's taking Ellie into the interrogation room. "Sit down!", he says. Ellie sits down. "McGee, I didn't do it!" McGee ignores her and leaves the interrogation room. A few moments later, Jack and Gibbs enter the interrogation room. "Gibbs, Jack, I didn't do it!" Gibbs ignores her. "Where were you last night between 6:00 and 7:00?", he asks. "At home. Alone. I know myself that this is not a good alibi, but this is the truth", replies Ellie. Gibbs puts a photo on the table. It shows the victim. "Have you ever seen her before?", Gibbs wants to know. Ellie looks closely at the photo, then replies: "No." Gibbs lays another photo on the table. It's the high school age victim. "Now? You went to the same high school!" "Yeah, I haven't seen her in years!", Ellie replies desperately. "You were bullied in high school", Gibbs says. "But not by her. She was neutral, if you can say so. She ignored me, which was better than being bullied!", Ellie defends herself. "And you don't want revenge for that back then?", Gibbs reams in. "No! Gibbs, I'm innocent! Please believe me! What do your instincts tell you?" Gibbs is not responding. Ellie gets angry. "What do your instincts tell you?", she yells. Gibbs leaves the room, Jack follows. Ellie is left alone. 

"Why didn't you answer her?" Jack asks. "She is a suspect! And we don't give information to suspects!" "All we know is that the police suspect her", replies Jack. "For now, she will be treated like any other suspect!", Gibbs orders. "Then please answer me. What do your instincts tell you?", Jack asks pleadingly. "That she is innocent. But without proof that she is innocent, she will go to jail for murder!", answers Gibbs desperately. "Is anyone here asking for evidence of Bishop's innocence? Then you're glad I'm here", says Kasie, who is just coming to the interrogation rooms. "What do you got, Kase?", Gibbs asks. "Bishop is innocent! The fingerprints on the knife were placed!" Kasie shows Gibbs and Jack a video. It shows another person helping the killer on the very edge. "Bishop could've had an accomplice", Gibbs says. "Sure, but the thumb and little finger prints were switched! No one can hold a knife like that! Bishop is innocent!", explains Kasie. "Since Agent Bishop is innocent, we must find the real killer", says Vance. "One more thing", says Kasie, "The body was reported from a disposable cell phone. Anonymous. I couldn't trace the phone, but there were a lot of calls from a prison." Gibbs goes back to Ellie in the interrogation room, followed by Vance, Jack and Kasie. Gibbs goes back to Ellie, and takes off her handcuffs. Ellie looks at him questioningly. "Bishop, you're innocent! Kasie has reviewed the police evidence and determined that you are innocent", Gibbs explains. Ellie stands up and hugs Kasie. "Thanks, Kasie", she whispers into her ear. "You're welcome", whispers Kasie back. "Agent Bishop, can you think of anyone who might want to put you in jail for murder?", asks Vance Ellie. "No one in particular. Probably everyone we've ever arrested", replies Ellie. "Bishop, Torres and McGee are in the office. You send McGee to Kasie's lab and tell Torres to drive you to your house.  He will stay with you for now so you can't get any more accused", says Gibbs. Ellie nods and goes to the office. 

McGee and Nick are at McGee's desk talking quietly as Ellie comes into the office. McGee and Nick look at her. "What? I am innocent. McGee, you're supposed to go to Kasie's lab", says Ellie. McGee leaves the office and walks to the elevator. "Ellie, I'm glad Kasie proved you innocent", says Nick. "Me, too", says Ellie, slightly embarrassed. "Should I do anything too?", Nick asks. "Yes. You have to take me to my apartment and stay with me. So that the murderer or murderers can't attach any more on me", replies Ellie. "Okay. Are you really all right?", Nick asks anxiously. "I am now. Are you coming?", asks Ellie. Nick nods and they go to the elevator.