Chapter 3

Clint's POV

I'm watching how Wanda's face becomes more and more concerned while I'm telling her how I feel since Tasha's death and finally why I think Wanda should bring her back to life. When I finish, she takes my hand and looks deep in my eyes.

"Clint, I really think it's not a good idea..." she says calmly. I don't like the way she is looking at me. Like I'm crazy or something.

"What are you talking about?! Out of all people I thought you will understand me!"

"But Clint, we're talking about bringing the dead back to life and..." I cut her off:

"And what do you think you are trying to do?! Pietro and Vision are also dead and you wanna bring them back! Why you can play with the death and I can't?!"

Wanda looks at me surprised. I see in her eyes that she has no response.

"Why would I help you?" she asks and looks at me dangerously. Her voice becomes cold. But luckily I am the one who's in control now. 

"You will help me, because if you don't, I will call Dr Strange and tell him what you are hiding here." I say with satisfaction, looking at the book.

Wanda sighs.

"Fine" she says. "I will help you. But first you have to tell me if anyone knows where we are. Did you tell anybody where you were going?"

"I don't think so..." I reply.

"That's good. We need to be careful. No one can find out what are we doing."

I nod.

"And what exactly are we doing? I mean... do we have any plan or something?" 

Wanda brings the book of Darkhold and opens it. "I'm not sure, but I think it says how to resurrect the dead... But it will take a lot of my power and energy... I'm not sure if I can handle it."

"Hey" I come closer to her and look deep in her eyes. "Don't do anything what's too hard for you, ok?"

She nods and looks away.

"So... can we start?" I don't want to rush Wanda, but it is about Nat. I just can't wait to see her again.

"But Clint..." she clears her throat "you know it may go wrong. I don't promise anything."

"I know. but we have to bring her back... I mean... bring THEM back..."

Wanda smiles.

"Whatever it takes" I whisper nostalgically. 

"Whatever it takes" Wanda repeats.

A quarter later we are both ready to start.

"New outfit" I say when I notice Wanda has changed her clothes and hairstyle.

She chuckles.

"Okay..." she takes a deep breath. I step back and cross my fingers, when she opens a book.

And then it starts.

I watch as she gathers more and more power and as the book pulls it out of her. It looks scary and when I think that Wanda won't take it any longer, a bright, red flash makes me close my eyes. When I open them again, Wanda is lying on the ground. I can barely breathe.

"Holy shit" I say finally. "It worked."