Chapter 6

Hello my friends! I'm sorry, this is a shorter chapter again, but I promise the next one won't be. But it'll probably take me a bit longer to write it too, so wait patiently and please remember I'm doing my best out here. 

It's three a.m., Clint's lying on the couch, half asleep, half awake. The couch isn't a very comfortable one, so Barton's keep changing his positions, but there are no results. He sighs and starts counting arrows hitting the target (instead of sheep jumping hurdles), but it also doesn't help, so he finally gives up. Hawkeye stands up and enters the kitchen. Five minutes later he is holding a glass of warm milk in his right hand and a book in his left one. Boring book and milk. This is what he needs to fall asleep. In his mind, he has his favorite song, "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benatar, but he doesn't mind, because he loves this song.

When he's about to go back to sleep, the silence is suddenly disturbed by a piercing scream coming from his friend's bedroom. Clint drops the glass. It shatters to pieces and the milk spills over the floor, but Barton doesn't even think about it.

"Natasha?" he shouts and runs up to her room.

He sees her, sitting on the bed with a look of fear on her face. Her breath is fast and shallow and Clint notices tears in her green eyes.

"Natasha, what happened?" Clint sits next to Natasha.

"I..." she tries to calm down, but it's hard. "I heard those voices..."

"What voices?" Barton's face becomes concerned, but he's trying to hide it, 'cause he doesn't want to worry Nat.

"I heard them..." she makes a pause to take a breath. "I heard them when I came back."

"Oh, shit" Clint whispers. "What were they saying?"

"I don't know, I can't understand them..."

Clint puts his arm around Natasha and gently hugs her.

"Everything is going to be fine. Don't worry, ok?" he says when he sees Nat is still a little bit scared and concerned. Then he takes her hand and squeezes it in his own. They both look in each other's eyes suddenly Clint kisses Nat. She kisses him back, hugs him and whispers in his ear:

"Finally. After so many years."

And then Clint realizes what a fool he was earlier that he didn't notice that he was in love with Natasha all this time. Of course he loved her as a friend, but not only as a friend. He has caught himself so many times on just thinking of her and how great, amazing and beautiful she is, but he thought it's just because he is glad she's back. But now he kissed her and everything became clear and right.

Barton hugs Nat again and strokes her cheek. Tasha is much calmer now and they both lay down on the bed. A few minutes later they fall asleep in "the spoon" position.