Chapter 4 █ A Normal Day of Me

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ??? pov ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂

═══════ ೋღ: 01/10/2020 - Reiwa Era :ღೋ ═══════

'Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...'

I smack the top of the alarm so that it shut up. Bruh it always sucks to wake up when I have a dreamless night. I grab my phone on the nightstand to check what time is it and make sure I clear all the notifications. It is 5:45 am right now and other than some boring news, I have no important notification.

I get up from my bed and let out a big yawn. Then I go in front of the window, slide open the curtain and open the window. It's a good day outside. The sun just begins to rise above the horizon and the moon is still up at the opposite side of the sun. The wind is a breeze and the temperature is perfect. The birds are chirping their morning song. I haven't seen the weather been this perfect for a while, that it made my day already. I go inside my bathroom to do my morning routine.

The shower was great and I feel energized. Time to wake up the kids.

I open Tanjiro's room and said 'Wake up, Tanjiro.'

'Hmmmmmmmmm...Ohayo Giyu-san!' He yawned. His hair is all over the place but not like I mind it.

'Ohayo Tanjiro, go wake up Nezuko.' I greeted back.

I go into the kitchen and cook breakfast for all of us. I got Tamagoyaki, bacon and pancakes on the menu today. Plus, I'm brewing coffee for all of us. While I am frying the Tamagoyaki, I can hear Tanjiro trying to wake Nezuko up.

'Wakey wakey it's 6:30 already!' Tanjiro badgered loudly.

'Fine, fine just 5 more minutes.'Nezuko argued back

'No! We're gonna be late!' he scolded back and suddenly I can hear a loud thud.

'Owwww...fine you win' she sighs in a defeated tone. Apparently, Tanjiro has to drag her out of the bed again. That's why I don't wake Nezuko up myself.

I let out a loud sigh of disappointment, but I can't lie that I like them and their interaction colours my boring life. I took in those kids a month ago from their parents. Their home was a 4 hours drive away from the school that they are attending and I am teaching in. Their parent needed to find a host in the city and I took them in. Nezuko is a good girl. She is smart, hardworking, and humble. However, she loves sleeping too much and if she goes to school by herself, she will be late. On the other hand, Tanjiro is not that smart and not that hardworking. I can tell because I'm his homeroom teacher. Nevertheless, he is helpful, caring, and has good discipline. One thing I like the most is his athletic ability, he will join me on evening jogs sometime and he performs well in my PE class. They really brighten my life a lot after my nee-san moved out to live with her fiancé in Tokyo.

Soon enough, I finish up making the breakfast and Tanjiro joins me at the table.

'Itadakimasu. Duh, Nezuko just can't get out of the bed. She is still in the bathroom right now.' He complained, clearly annoyed by his imoto's behaviour.

I hummed in response. It happens every day anyway.

We both just finished breakfast and Nezuko finally comes out to join us. Me and Tanjiro just sip on our coffee quietly and wait for the princess to finish her portion.