Chapter 13

We awoke to a clamor. Schlatt was running into our little room, and he seemed stressed. "You two. Up. out. Now." He demanded, unlocking the door. We complied, knowing we were both too weak to fight him. He shoved us each in a different closet, where we found a change of clothes. They were black, and tight on my skin. I put mine on, realizing that we were going somewhere. Schlatt's gaze ran down my body, before he nodded. Karl emerged from his closet a moment later, wearing something similar. Schlatt grabbed our wrists, and cuffed our manacles together. We walked out of the house, and I felt a fresh breeze kiss my face, as if it was welcoming me. The warmth of the sun heated my skin, and I breathed deeply, relishing the scent of spring. "Let's go." Schlatt barked. He was standing by the giant eagle, who was chained beside a large cage-like thing with an enclosed room on the top. The room held a couch and . Schlatt was in the process of unchaining the animal, and he looked up at us. "Into the cage, move." He ordered. We complied again, stepping into the cage. I noticed what looked like a large handle on the top, and realized what was going to happen. The eagle was going to carry the cage in its talons while Schlatt rode in the room-like contraption on top of it. Curtains fell around the cage, concealing us from view. I heard footsteps above me, then heard wings flapping. I assumed Schlatt was standing or sitting in the room above us. The cage swung, and I felt us rising. We were taking off. I extended my consciousness, searching for a voice. I found one quickly. The eagle's voice spoke in my mind, soft and melodic.

"Who are you, girl? I smell a familiar scent on you."

I responded, "I am Artemis Cecillia Antica. Who are you." I felt the cage jolt a bit.

"Antica, you say? Do you happen to know Wilbur?" She asked.

"Yes, he's my brother. Why?"

"He and I knew each other once. He's the father of my son." She told me, "His name is Fundy." I remembered Clay telling me about Wilbur's son, Fundy. He was a hybrid, and his mother was a shifter. She'd gone missing a few years ago, leaving Wilbur to finish raising the young boy alone.

"Are you Sally?"

"Yes." I asked her no more questions, taking the rest of the ride to process our new development. We landed with a jolt, and Schlatt's footsteps echoed above us. We waited for him to release us, but he never did. I risked peeking through the curtain, only to be greeted by the sight of two tall towers, and small shapes dotting the tops of one, and more at the bottom of the other. There were flaming arrows flying in the space between them, and some exploded in bright bursts of color. I watched as they fought, until eventually the fight moved to the ground. The group that was originally on the ground fled out of view, and after a while, I felt a weight lifted off of my shoulders. Or rather, a weight replaced on my shoulders. I looked back, grinning as my wings returned to me. Karl grinned at me, and I knew he felt the same thing happen to him. I pushed on the door to the crate. A flash of white beside us, and a beautiful woman appeared. She was wearing a blue and coral dress, with white lace decorating the hem. She had a turquoise ring on one of her fingers, and she smiled warmly as she leaned against the cage.

"He's gone." She said, her eyes lined with the silver of happy tears, "We're free." White flashed again and a dove flew from where Karl had stood a moment before, heading towards the place we'd last seen the others. I spread my wings, picking up Sally, and flew us both over, landing wobbly. I looked over, and saw a run down van packed with people. I heard whoops of celebration, and Karl landed on my shoulder, still a dove. Sally ducked behind my wings, not ready to be seen. I nearly cried as I locked eyes with someone, their red eyes so different from those of our captor. His lips moved faintly as he dropped his axe. The others looked up, and more came from inside the old van. Everyone came rushing towards us, although I noticed Phil was absent. Wilbur reached me first, and embraced me tightly.

"You're ok," He breathed. I nodded.

"There's someone you need to meet." I said. He gave me a confused look, but it melted to disbelief as I moved aside, revealing Sally. "Sally?" He whispered.

"Hi, Will." She smiled, opening her arms. He rushed into them, tears falling from his eyes. Clay was the next to reach us, Sapnap close behind. Karl flew off my shoulder, heading right for him. Sap opened his arms, and Karl shifted right as he reached him, melting into the safety of the prince's arms. Clay nearly bowled me over when he hugged me. He buried his face in my neck.

"He's gone. Heart attack. Drinking." He choked out words through his relieved tears. I wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me tighter, afraid of letting go.

"Ribs." I squeeked. He was crushing me under his weight. He released me, planting a kiss on my forehead. Looking up, I saw Skeppy, Techno and Tommy looking at us. I unwrapped Clay from around me, and walked over to them.

"Come here, woman." Tommy said, giving me a bear hug. Techno and Skeppy joined in, wrapping me in a warm embrace.

"I missed you guys," I murmured as we broke apart.

"Fundy!" Sally shouted to a boy who hadn't joined in welcoming us back. He lifted his head, allowing me to see him better. He had the ears of a fox, and they pricked forward as he saw the woman running towards him.

"M-mom?" He stuttered. She wrapped him up, and he whispered into her ear, making her smile.

I realized someone was missing. "Where's Tubbo?" Everyone glanced around, shrugging their shoulders. We started calling out his name, spreading out to look for him. I checked that van, and found him staring silently at Schlatt's body. I walked up behind him, snaking my arms around his neck. I rested my chin on his shoulders. He turned to me, and his eyes were bloodshot, like he'd been crying.

"H-he was my dad. Is it wrong to miss him, even after all he's done?" He sounded so broken.