16

We mourned Wilbur together the next day, but I never told any of them about his body, instead caving in the room with the button, letting them believe his body was crushed beneath the stones. I had left a lodestone under his body, and a compass led to it. Nobody questioned where I'd gone. Tubbo announced a public funeral for Wilbur, held in the crater that used to be L'manberg. We gathered around the edge, watching the water slowly drain from the pond. Tubbo started his speech. By the end, everyone had tears in their eyes, even Clay. Tubbo's voice rang out as he spoke, "This will be known as Wilbur Soot's final resting place. Since we do not have a body to bury, we will honor him by rebuilding his great nation as a home to any who need it. I will personally organise the rebuilding efforts, with assistance from Quackity, Tommy, Phil, and a few others. But now, we mourn, for the world has lost a great man, a father, husband, brother, and a leader." As he finished, I remembered his anthem. He'd sung it once, but nobody else had heard it. I took a deep breath, and sang. Quietly at first. The others joined in for the parts they knew, but by the end I was left singing alone, since only I had heard his words. It pained me to know that he would never sing them again.

"I heard there was a special place,

Where men could go emancipate,

The brutality

And tyranny

Of their rulers.

Well, this place is real you needn't fret,

With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret

It's a very big and not blown up L'Manberg.

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

For freedom and for liberty,

Our nation sought to build on these,

A victory for all under democracy.

Well the darkness came and then it went,

We built a home and watched it sink,

And there from rubble, there emerged L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

My L'Manberg

With bloodied hands

and weakened knees,

Our people rose like the phoenix,

Our empty fields and canals 'round L'Mantree.

With sweat and tears we armed our ranks,

We laid foundations in our land,

And from every lips fro here up to infinity;

We sing L'Manberg

We sing L'Manberg

We sing L'Manberg

To our L'Manberg"

(a/n: Y'ALL HELP! EVERY TIME I WRITE L'MANBERG IT TRIES TO AUTO-CORRECT IT TO MANBERG!)