CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

My attention suddenly get hook on Clyden drinking an iced coffee infront of me in one table.

When our gaze met, Clyden grinned as he bit the tip of the plastic straw to tease me. I look away when a nude memory flash on my mind suddenly.

I take a deep breath before I ask him straight forward. "So why did you call me?"

I'm on screen when the bastard didn't stop calling my phone that I left in our department, and since he's an actor, they give him a special treatment. After finding out that Clyden is calling me nonstop, the whole team petition to ask our boss to give me a break. The later also agreed. And the rest is history.

"I just wanted to see you." He simply answered that really pissed me off. I shut my eyes, taking a deep sighed, trying to calm my system.

I look around to check that no one is listening or watching, but he suddenly speak.

"Don't worry, I rented the whole place for an hour so no one can see us here."

I arched my eyebrow of what he said. I'm sure he payed for this tsk, mga mayaman nga naman.

"You're wasting too much over small things. Not to mention, we can also meet after my work. You don't have to rent a whole place just to meet me." I rolled my eyes again, Clyden chuckled.

"Well? As long as I can see you, it doesn't matter much money should I spend." He answered nonchalantly. I automatically get soften but I remain my face in fierce.

"Whatever. Anyways," I paused and open my bag, looking for the necklace that I wanted to show him. It was the necklace that I was looking for.

"Eto 'yung sinasabi ko sa'yo. Familiar isn't it? It has a same design with the pendant that, that guy accidentally dropped." I said, showing him the necklace.

"Then where did you get this?" He curiously asked. I slam the table in thrill, finally he ask a good question.

"It's from a unknown sender three years ago. There's also a letter but that time, I didn't pay this attention and keep it somewhere. Ngayon ko lang naisipan hanapin dahil ngayon ko lang naalala."

"Then where's the letter?" Clyden asked interested.

I slam the table again and lean closer on him. "When I found the letter, I immediately open it. And guess what?" I paused.

The later also lean closer to me to hear me clearly. Mukha kaming chismosa't chismosong may pinag-uusapan sa isang sulok.

"It was empty! All I can is dots and lines, nothing more, nothing less! In disappointment, I tore it. I didn't know that I spend too much time with such useless thing." I flipped my hair while rolling my eyes, as I sat back to my sit.

Clyden remain stilled, leaning at the table. He's frowning that made my brow wave.

"What?!"

"If you're saying about dots and lines, then maybe it was a morse code. Maybe we can find something important if I decode it."

My lips literally parted. So he's telling me that he can decode it?

I wanted to pull my own hair in piss. "My bad. I already tore it. Elisha once decode that before but I didn't pay her attention that time, now that she's not here anymore, I guess we can't do anything about it anymore." I shrugged in disappointment.

Both of us sighed. A minutes of silence covered us. His brows are grooving, his jaw are also visible... I can't help but to feel curious of what's running on his thought.

"If I just know who's the person behind this, I'll go straight to his head." He suddenly speak in a cold tone of voice but at the same time, the darkness is writen all over his face.

I was frozen and got shiver. That sentence is enough to give chills.

I have no idea on what should I do to help him calm. But then, I hold his hand tightly.

And I flash a genuine smile. "We can always find a ways. Calm down," I said.

Clyden nod his head but he never speak again no matter how much I tried to open up a new topic. He's listening, I can tell, but I receive no respond from him.

At last, I give up and remain silent as well. "Let's go home?" I ask him, Clyden give me a glance and guide me to left the café.

As we lead our way back my condo, Clyden take a glance at me at the rear view mirror before he finally speak.

"I'll send you back to your condo but I'll leave after that. I have somethings to manage. Is that okay?" He asked so I nod my head.

I speak as well. "The thing is, I pack all of my stuffs last night, and was planning to move back to my home. Medyo may kalayuan nga lang, pwede mo ba akong ihatid doon?" Saad ko, humihingi ng pabor.

Finally, he flash a smile. "Sure thing, just guide me the way."

"Let's head to my condo first to pick up my packed things." I said and pointed the way.

Clyden obliged.

After taking my things, we started to lead the way out of the capital. We're my home located. It is between the exit of the capital and the entrance in province.

"I thought about something..." He said at the middle of silence. I take a glance at him with a question in my eyes.

"This is far from the capital but as long as we haven't resolve the problem yet, those threats in your life will never disappear. Is it okay to you if I hire some guards that can protect you?" Clyden suggested.

I thought about it in silence. He's right, kahit saan ako pumunta ako pwede parin akong masundan ng mga tao sa likod nito.

I'm nkt that strong to defend myself, I can't even fight back normally and sometimes, I got panic attack because of my anxiety.

"Yeah, I guess. But I can't handle the paymen— "

"I suggest it so it's my answer. I'll send some guards later."

I sigh a little. He's spending too money for me. I'll just repay him someday.

"Thank you." I uttered and flash a genuine smile.

After that short conversation, I closed my eyes to take a nap while Clyden remain silent, droving the car towards my home.

It takes more than 20 minutes or so, when Clyden announced that we arrive. He helped me with my stuffs and stayed at the house for a mean time, but he didn't spend too much time and excuse his self immediately.

"I have a shoot later so maybe I can't pay a visit later, see you tomorrow." He kissed my forehead, bidding his goodbye.

I nod my head with a contended smile. "Well then, be careful on your way."