CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

I cleared my throat, trying to ease the feeling of suffocated at the atmosphere in one table. Eating with these two guys together in one table is a very wrong choice.

The whole dining room was filled with an awkward silence.

Clyden didn't even move his food, instead, he remain silent, watching every movement of Zenon, with his dark expression written all over his face.

While the other one is acting unbothered. He doesn't pay his attention on Clyden, he didn't let his presence affect him, just like as usual, he got this "I don't give a f*ck" attitude. But I notice that he's acting weird lately, he's been doing such things that Clyden hate the most to get on his nerve. Zenon seems enjoy it, seeing Clyden getting annoyed.

I let out a deep sighed. What should I do to these two? Should I talk to them? Well, let's try.

"Are you two okay?" I asked but too late for me to realize how stupid that question is.

Gosh, Tamara, as you can see they're not in good terms! Stupid of you to ask a question like that. — I said back of my head, talking to myself.

Zenon look at me innocently and blink a few times before he answered. "I'm good, but your boyfriend is burning is some point, it seems." He chuckled that made Clyden's expression went more darker.

"What is it, Clyden? Mind to speak your thought?" I pay my attention to him but I receive no answer that made me sigh again.

Mukhang galit nga ito. Hindi man lang ako tapunan ng kaniyang tingin.

Zenon who's also waiting for Clyden's answer seems disappointed when Clyden didn't reply, so Zenon speak "Well, I'm just here to check my friend after knowing that she leave her condo unit —"

"As you can see, Tamara is in a good condition. As long as she's with me, she'll be always okay. Now that you know her condition, why don't you leave already?" Clyden cutted him off with a deadly aura that oozing from him.

The blow of the wind seems suddenly change. The tense between them is making me timid. I feel uncomfortable. I can't stand with them!

Without uttering a single word, I left the table to leave them alone. They're acting like a spoiled brats, antics that I hate the most.

Clyden was about to follow me but I stop him by a dead stare that made him frozen.

"Don't talk to me unless you two finish talking." I said in a serious manner before I completely enter my room and lock up myself.

I remain silent inside, doing nothing but to stare at the ceiling. Later when the door opens, Clyden entered the door with a small smile, then he suddenly hug me tightly.

"I'm sorry. We made up things already and I apologize already... But please do understand that I can't get along with him anymore. It's not like I hate him or what. I'm just... I'm jealous. The way he look at you, I can tell that something is up to him." Clyden explain in a low tone of voice, trying to make me understand his situation.

My lips automatically pouted. I'm being selfish, I didn't even ask him what he feels earlier... I even force him to get along with Zenon.

I shoudn't force them to get along together like this, considering their feelings. It must be normal for them to be rival. I think, there's no way to fix them.

I prolonge a long hummed. "Yes, I'm sorry. Don't force yourself, but as much as possible I don't want a fight between you two. Okay?" I said, more like asking a favor.

Clyden nod his head and kiss my shoulder. "I promise."

By the word promise from him, I can't help to hold on it. It was him who promised after all, he'll surely do it.

"Do you have work later?" Clyden ask to change the topic so I nod my head as an answer.

"I got an guesting invitation from your channel. Let's go there together." He said so I agreed.

"What kind of guesting? If it's an invitation from Ms. Sabby in "Sabrina's talk tonight", I guess you better pass. That gay is so much talkative and observative, if he sense that you are lying, he will always find a holes to make you tell the truth." I warn him but Clyden just chuckle.

"I don't mind," he replied that made me shrug. Well, it was him who decide of course. It's just a suggestion since I know that gay so much, we're working in the same building after all.

"I feel sleepy. Let's sleep together hmm." He added between his yawn so I chuckle and nod my head. And just like what he said, both of us take a nap after that conversation.

We spend our free time sleeping together and cuddling each other until I got awaken in 4:00 pm.

But I didn't bother getting up from the bed because Clyden's head is in my arms, so I waste my time doing nothing but to waste my time by just staring at him.

I repeatedly stare at his face from forehead to his chin until my sight travelled down ro his jawline to his nape. There I notice something on his back.

At first I thought it was just a small tattoo but when I slightly pull up his shirt, I saw a huge snake tattoo that almost occupied his whole back. But that's not the thing that really caught my attention, it was the scars that are being covered by that black mamba.

There are many scars that trying to get hidden by that tattoo. My teeth automatically gritted. Where did he get this? Who did this?

This isn't just a simple scar that you can get somewhere. I'm sure that someone do something to him. I won't forgive that person.

My breathings started to get heavy in piss that I didn't even notice that my hand is gripping his shirt tightly that awakes him.

Clyden immediatelty get up and face me with a surprise smile, he's out of words.

So I take a chance to speak. "What happend to your back?" I asked in a cold voice.

"Y-You mean my tattoo? It's just —"

"No, the scars." I cutted him off.

From a shy smile, Clyden's emotion suddenly faded, he look away but didn't speak about it.

"It brings me bad memories. Let's not talk about it, is it okay?" He asked.

I saw a glimpse of mix emotion crossed on his eyes. A sadness, fear, and regret. I wonder what's behind this?

How I wish that we've met earlier than this. At least he didn't suffer alone. He must have been through a lot.

And then I realize that there are lot of things that I still didn't know about him. Including his past, and doings. After all, I don't know him completely.

And it makes me want to know everything about him

So no matter what his past is, it'll remain to the history. So from now on, I'll assure that he will never experience the same thing before. I won't let him suffer alone anymore. I won't let him go back to where he once belong.