Chapter 7.5

Note: When you see a '.5' or any '.' in the Chapter, it's a side story which means it's just a short story with the same characters and plot but not the same timeline as the previous chapters. It can be fluff, angst, etc.

Mina PoV

It's been a week since I moved to Korea and three days since I slept properly. It's 3am here, and I don't know what time is it there, it's probably noon or so. Normally Y/n, is asleep at noon, I shouldn't call her.

Pondering if I should press the big blue button on the corner or not, I rolled side to side on my bed, leading my blanket to snuggle me tightly like a koala. I made up my mind and clicked it.

An inch away, my finger froze. She needs her sleep I shouldn't interfere. I'll just call someone else. Who's awake at this type of hour, Chaeyoung might be. Entering our chat room, I began to chat.

🍓 Pie

Ballemina🦢
You awake Chaengie?

I squeezed my pillow tightly, she might be sleeping--

🍓Pie
Yea, can't sleep?

Ballemina 🦢
Mhm, can I request for something?

🍓Pie
What is it??

Ballemina 🦢
Sing me to sleep please?🥺

🍓Pie
How can I reject you when you use that kind of emoji? Fine, I'll do it.

At just a few seconds, my phone buzzes to see Chaeyoung's name on my screen. I fixed my hair and answer it. Bare-faced Chaeyoung greeted me with delight, I smiled back at her.

"What song do you want to play? I got my guitar ready" she showed her most precious guitar at her side.

"Anything that's relaxing"

She nodded and began strumming. The sound of her guitar playing is enough for me to feel relaxed, especially with this type of person infront of you. I'm so lucky to have her as my best friend.

(O:54 is where Chaeyoung started)

"🎶Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you🎶" Her sweet voice blessed my ears. "But ain't nobody love you like I do"

Averting her gaze to mine, I caught her trying to steal a glance. She focused back to her guitar.
"Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're movin' on with someone new"

"Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you"

In a blink of an eye, I was already sleepy and ready to be engulfed by my endless thoughts.

Chaeyoung PoV

As I was about to return my focus to her, she was already sleeping like a baby. It was already a surprise to see her text at this type of hour, maybe she's still adjusting to the timeline here.

Seeing her here infront of me, looking flawless as ever, I can't believe I was lucky enough to meet her but not lucky enough to be with her.

Still, I need to be here, ready to listen to every word she says, that's the least I can do. A smile crept on my lips. I still continued playing, this time I made it slower than usual.

"But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you"
I bit my lower lip to stop the pain.
Looking back to my screen, I admire her one last time.

"Cause baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new"

"But if she breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waitin' here for you" I stopped strumming.

"Sweet dreams and Goodnight Princess" I smiled and ended the call.

____

Was it good?

I'll update later or tomorrow, cya! ^^