Chapter 14

Chapter 14- Sneak

For the past couple of seconds of Nayeon staring down at us, I managed to catch a glimpse of her phone. She was chatting someone, before I could further examine she moved the phone away. I trailed back my sight to her, she quickly avoided my eyes. Which is odd.

She didn't even dare to look at me, how rude.

"I can't with this" She says, irritated and stressed. We just watched her as she stormed off.

I didn't even need to think of an excuse, thank god. And by that ladies and gents, we have a winner. Taeyong was right, James is at the hospital. Picking myself up, I dusted off my back, same goes to Taeyong.

"I swear that girl rarely relaxes" I spoke.

"Welcome to the life of heirs and heiresses" Taeyong commented.

"I could see" I dusted off my butt "why aren't you like that?" I queried.

He paused for a second. "Unlike her, I have siblings and I'm not the star. So let's go" He began walking.

"Where?"

"To the hospital, c'mon I know the address"

My brows went down. "What? No!" He halted. "Don't be a creep, Himbo. We gotta give her space and privacy"

"We'll just take a peak. Besides, isn't this an advantage? While she's vulnerable we can try to give her comfort" He persuades. I'm still not going.

I shook my head. "That's a bad idea" He groans.

"Oh c'mon, I'll give you a hundred just to go with me there" He took out his wallet. "I know you need the money" He knows too well about advantages.

I rolled my eyes. "Hell, if we get caught it's your fault"

Nayeon PoV

All I could hear and feel is my heart, pumping uncontrollably. While my mind is occupied by the awful thoughts that may occur. No. Don't think like that. Just no. He'll make it. I stared outside the window to hopefully distract and calm my thoughts down. Your overthinking again Nayeon.

After what felt like hours of being trapped in the car, we have arrived. The eagerness of seeing if he's okay was out of the charts. To the point the driver wasn't even done parking the car, I got out and rushed inside the hospital.

The voice of my bodyguards was in the background, telling me to slow down, while I tried not to cause any troubles to the busy nurses and doctors. The place was filled by overworked people and stress. I reached the counter where a lady wearing a blue uniform sat. I blurted James' name as I catch my breathe.

She was worried and asked for me to calm down and breathe, I can't with this right now so I repeated the question. As soon as I got the room number, I sprinted to the nearest elevator. Thankfully there was no sign of people near, so I got the elevator all for myself. I press the button.

Almost tripping down due to exhaustion, I clinged onto the wall and wished for the best. The pressure was heavy, I feel like I'm suffocating in fear and nervousness. I don't want to experience it again, not this time.

The door opened to a empty hallway, I rushed to the door, my footsteps echoing. I slowed down once I saw a Doctor go out of his room.

"Is this the room of James Millers?"

He nodded. "Yes and what is your relationship to the patient, young lady?"