Chapter 4

Chapter 4- Scene

James PoV

"Come in" I opened the door.

"Oh James, you've come here early"

"Well Paulo said that you called for me, what's the problem Joon-woo?" I asked.

Scanning his table, I noticed his face, agitated and troubled. In front of him, two wine glasses are placed, one filled with red wine the other empty. He rarely drinks alcohol, when he does, he's either stressed or he and his wife fought.

How would I know that? Why wouldn't I, this guy was with me since I was kid. I met him in a day camp, he was a little cry baby back then, now look at him.

"Well you see-"

"Did you two fought again?" I intervened, occupying the seat at the other side of his table.

"No. It's about Nayeon. Wine?" He offered. I shook my head.

"Ah, you've finally got some sense about your daughter." He sighed.

The room became silent, he stared at the portrait of the three of them. It was taken years ago, small Nayeon was in the middle of her two parents, smiling cutely. Letting him to think thoroughly his decisions for his daughter, I waited for him.

"Do think it's the best for her?" He spun towards me.

"Nayeon is a strong and dependable kid. I'm sure she can handle th-"

"I agreed." He cut me off.

"What why?" I half shouted. "Joon-woo I know your an ambitious man but it's your daughter's life you're deciding on"

"Your not the only who's worried here James"

"At least I have some consideration about the kid. This is the most dense decision you have made in your entire life" I stood up.

"I better see her smiling after this news. I got to go, she's waiting for me" I left.

Your PoV

Nayeon and I reached the field in no time. It's wide and long, benches around it. What caught my attention was the person inside the field, there's only one. It's not Mrs. Hill this girl is alot younger.

Wait that's the girl from my class.

"Jeongyeon!" Nayeon called.

The girl immediately stopped at what she was doing and jogged to us. "Why are you here? James is never late"

"I got something to do"

"And it involves her?" She pointed at me. "Something's fishy"

"Just tell me where's Mrs. Hill"

"She's with Coach Marlin. At the court. Just wait for her here"

"It's fine, we'll go to her"

"No. Taeyong and his friends are there. If your going, I'll go too" she insisted.