three

A/N*😩😩lord have mercy

A/N*
😩😩lord have mercy

—————

I could feel my heart thumping harder in my chest. How do i always end up in such awkward situations?

"Um. What?" I chuckled nervously, looking around for something to distract my hands. There was nothing. I had to look at her.

"I just heard a little something." Billie shrugged, crossing her legs in front of me. I could see that attractive smirk form on her lips and her left brow raised curiously, waiting on my reply.

"I was sleeping. It wasn't me." I mumbled, internally cursing myself for the blush that unexpectedly started to heat up my cheeks.

"I know what they sound like." Billie fixed her eyes with mine. I felt like i couldn't look away. I didn't want to.

"You know what?" I asked her, pulling at a loose thread on my sleeve.

"I know what you sound like. Your mo-"

"Billie, you in here?" Finneas entered my room.

Billie whipped around quickly, her blonde hair hitting my face. I laughed a little.

"Oh! Finneas." Billie sounded breathless, not expecting anyone to come in. "What's up?"

"I'm going to the park with Claudia and was wondering if you guys wanted to come? It's a nice night." He answered, smiling at me.

"Yeah i'm down. Mia?" Billie turned to look at me, awkward smile on her face.

"Sure." I nodded my head. "That'd be nice."

"Cool. We're leaving in 5." Finneas closed the door and it wasn't until we heard his footsteps become quiet, Billie spoke.

"Well, i'm gonna go change." Billie stood up off my bed.

"What? Why? You look..." I paused, looking for the right word. She looked amazing. Gorgeous. Hot. "You look great."

"You think?" Billie smiled, looking down at her bare chest and pulling her shirt down a little to expose the top of her black bra a bit. She looked at herself in the mirror that stood near my bed.

"I don't think, i know." I more or less drooled over her.

"Well, thanks, baby." She teased, flipping her blonde hair to one side. "I'm still gonna slip a hoodie on. Might be a little chilly."

When did she become so confident? And talkative. She barely said a word to me this morning now look at her.

"Yeah, me too, actually." I got up, walking around Billie to get to my hoodies.

"Wait, you want one of mine?" Our eyes met in the mirror. "It'll be like...old times."

"Yeah." I smiled, watching as she left my room to go to her own. She was being nice to me. Too nice. I was a little suspicious. I wonder what she's up to. And the dream. I wonder what would've happened if Finneas didn't come in. Billie makes me wonder a lot.

Billie made her way over to my room with two hoodies in her hands.

"Which one do you want?" She held up both.

"This one." I took the one out of her right hand and slipped it over my head. Billie did the same.

"Damn, that looks cuter on you and it's my hoodie. Maybe you should keep it." She winked at me.

"Maybe i should." I shoved my hands in the pockets and sighed in comfort. Just then, Finneas called up to us.

"Come on." Billie offered her hand but i took her arm instead. She smiled lightly and we went downstairs together.

It felt nice being this close to Billie again. Well, maybe not close. But normal.

We were at the park in a few minutes. Claudia begged Finneas to stop for milkshakes on the way and of course he gave in. All four of us walked along the park, sipping on straws.

"This look familiar?" Billie bent down and whispered in my ear.

"It does." I giggled at the memory. Whenever Billie practically broke a dude's jaw for annoying us.

"You two seem like besties again." Claudia smiled over at us. "I actually wanted to do this earlier today but Amber came and we had to wait until she left."

I stifled a laugh. Claudia wasn't too fond of Amber either.

Billie rolled her eyes but smiled too.

"How's it going with you guys anyway?" Finneas spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Billie asked, sucking on her straw.

"Um. Your relationship?" It came out more of a question. He had a confused look on his face. I did too.

"We- we're just friends." Billie laughed, looking away.

"She's been telling everyone you two are dating." Finneas furrowed his eyebrows. Billie stopped sucking on her straw to gasp slightly.

"She's been what?"

—————

A/N*
😚

A/N*😚