Chapter XIII

"Here, come," he says, and I follow him further into the plane towards the seats and little screens.

"This button sets of a gas that will make anyone outside the plane pass out, and this one," he points to a silver button, "This sets off the missiles and you can control the distance it fires by this," he points to a little circular button with a dial that twists. "I'm the only one that can set these off, as there is a face scanner programmed into the screens, that will only recognise me."

"So, I'm guessing if I hijacked this plane, it would probably have a panic account and shut down because I'm not you" I say jokingly.

"The plane only responds to me and my voice, nothing will turn on unless I tell it too. I programmed it to sense fear and motion, that way if it thinks I am lying and can sense there are other people on the plane it will not turn on unless I unlock it." He replies grinning. "So, yeah trying anything and I'll know," he turns round and continues to walk to the end of the plane. Three white fluffy beanbags sit in both corners at the very end. They all look so comfy and welcoming.

"This here," he points to a whole in the wall with a keyboard on the side, "is the food dispenser, you type in the food you want and what drink, and it comes out after a few minutes. I'm running out though, the supply is only going to last for a about a weeks." He says before typing in 'water', and seconds later a bottle neatly falls into his hand. He hands it to me, forcefully having to put it in my hand himself as I'm too shocked to move

I looked at him, joy evident on my face, trying to comprehend what was in front of me. The design was basic, all the houses in the city had one, except we were never allowed to even touch them. All the advanced technology was kept far away from the workers, as they didn't trust us at all, which was lovely, made us feel really loved.

"Awesome right," he says mimicking out conversation from earlier.

"Oh, extremely awesome," I say opening the bottle and taking a gulp. I hadn't realised how thirsty I was until the cold water touched my tongue. I reach the bottle out to him, and he takes it from my hand, his fingers brushing against mine. I silently beg for his skin to touch mine again, to feel the spark that flies through my body, igniting something inside me.

Blaire, I think to myself, what's wrong with you, Kai. I shrink inside myself a little bit, numbing out my previous thoughts and focusing on the tasks at hand.

I look around once more, at the seats, the beanbags the cockpit, the screens, and then the stairs catch my eyes. "What's up?" I ask.

He leads the way to the grand marble spiral staircase and begins the short climb up. As I reach the top of the staircase, I gasp for what seems like the umpteenth. There were eight double beds spread all down to the end of the plane, four on each side, leaving a small space to walk through the middle. The dome I saw from the beach stretches across our head, made fully of glass.

"This is where I sleep, I guess, this bed is my favourite," he points to the middle bed closer to the front on the left side, "I decided it looked the comfiest, and I sleep like a baby when I'm in it," he beams.

"You've definitely tried all the beds before haven't you," I reply smiling.

"Oh completely, I have to make sure I get the best night sleep you know," a large grin plasters across his face as he points to the end of the plane, "there's the bathroom at the end there, and that's the full tour, I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly, this is your Captain Nathan speaking, have a good flight," he puts on a fake voice and salutes. I salute back my smile matching his.

He walks past me laughing and begins to climb back down the stairs, I follow smiling, already in love with his plane.