15. Air It Out.

Karina.

I rinsed my mouth after my third time throwing up and splashed my face with water.

As of now, I'm not drinking again anytime soon.

August opened the bathroom door and handed me a glass of water and aspirin.

"Thank you" I said groggily and threw the pills back washing it down with the water.

I glanced over at Aug who looked extremely tired. He'd been working hard lately.

I cleared my throat, "you can go back to bed I'm fine."

It's 11 in the morning and neither of us had to be up.

I began brushing my teeth as he grabbed my finished cup of water.

"I'm coo'. You think you can eat somethin' baybeh?"

"It doesn't feel like it but I can try."

I couldn't help but notice the way he was looking at me. With worry in his face. It was weird, but I ignored it.

We walked downstairs, as I sat down watching him make me something to eat.

"You feel any betta?" He asked after I finished the pancakes and bacon he prepared.

"A little bit those aspirins need to hurry up and kick in though. My head is pounding. Remind me to never drink again." I said holding my face in my hands.

He laughed and rubbed my back.

"Aye, you remember anything about last night?"

"No not really. Oh god what'd I do?"

He bit his lip then grabbed my hand walking us over to the couch.

"Was I acting a mess?"

"Nah," he laughed "you had a lah' attitude tho. But so you don't remember nothin' from last night?"

"No. Aug your scaring me" I said halfway smiling.

He sighed running his hand down his face, "How would you explain yo' last relationship?"

I twisted my lips then brought my knees to my chest before I said anything.

August.

She was hesitant before sayin' anything, "Um with Michael? It was toxic. Why?"

"You tol' me some shit ion think you meant ta' tell me."

"What did I tell you?"

"You said ole' boy...he uh cut you when you refused to have sex wit' em"

She bit on her nail, something I knew she did when she was nervous.

"I was just talking," she tried to play it off "that didn't happen."

"You lyin' ta me?"

"No, I don't even know where that came from. But I'm gonna go upstairs and get cleaned up." She said trynna get up but I pulled ha' arm.

"Karina, are you lyin ta' me?"

"No I'm not! Just let me go!" She said turnin away.

I pulled her back down and turned her face back ta' mine. Tears were rolling down ha' face.

"Shit Karina.." I said pullin' her in my lap as she cried into my chest.

"Aug he was so angry and I tried to push him away," she cried "but he wouldn't drop it, and he just left me there. I know someone had to here me screaming August! Someone had to."