1. Generosity

Karina Martin.

"Goodmorning, are you on the clock yet sweetie?"

"Goodmorning Mrs. Elise and actually yes I am" I said glancing at the wall clock and tying up my apron.

"Good, people are starting to pile in already and we still have to make those orders."

She walked out of the kitchen and I quickly followed behind, making my way to the cash register.

"Hello, welcome to Ellie's what can I get for you today?" I greeted with a smile.

"Hello, may I have one banana cream pie with a cup of hot green tea please?"

"Yes you may, your total will be $6.50"

I retrieved the money from the lady's hand putting it into the cash register.

"You handle that order and I'll do the rest" Mrs. Elise said from behind me.

I moved out of her way and began to heat up the water for the tea

"Dj I need one banana cream pie" I said sticking my head into the kitchen

"Alright I gotchu"

By the time I poured the water into a tea cup and put it onto a plate, Dj already had the pie ready.

I grabbed the plate off of the counter, grabbed a spoon, a green tea bag and a couple of sugars, then delivered it to the table the lady was sitting at.

"Here you are ma'am enjoy."

*

A few hours had passed and I was back working the register.

A lady walked up and I prepared to take her order.

"Hi, what can I get for you today?"

"Can I have 2 banana puddings and a cup of peach tea to go please?"

"Yes you can, your total with be $8.17"

"Shoot...I only have 5 dollars." She said disappointedly

As much as I wanted to tell the woman that it was on us, Mrs. Elise told me that the rent was due this month and we needed every dime.

"I'm sorry bu-"

"Here you go" the man behind her said, offering her four dollars.

His thick accent caused him to drag 'go' at the end of his sentence.

"Thank you so much" the woman said handing me the money.

I gave her the change back and watched her try to hand it to him.

"Keep tha' change" he said

"God bless you. What is your name?"

"August. August Alsina"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Okay here is the new and improved introduction to this story. I didn't like the original plot line so u changed it around a little. I hope you guys like it. Please, Please, Please don't forget to comment and vote. I love you guys.

- T- Breezy