Chapter 1

The sun began to rise over the Pridelands. All the animals awoke. All the parents bathing their offspring. A new cub was about to be welcomed into the world.

Simba was pacing anxiously around Pride Rock. He was instructed by Rafiki to wait outside for the cub to be born, while Nala was in labour. Timon and Pumbaa were outside waiting with their nervous friend, so Timon tried to calm him down a bit.

"Jeez Simba, calm down" Timon started. "You look more nervous than Pumbaa in public." Simba looked over at his meerkat friend and chuckled. "You do know I'm here aswell right?" Pumbaa asked, trying not to sound offended by the joke.

After a few moments, Rafiki walked out of the cave with a large smile on his face. Simba rushed over to the mandrill. "How is it? Did everything go okay, is Nala okay?" Simba rushed his sentences and was clearly beginning to panic. Rafiki chuckled at the king. "Oh, Simba. Everyting went smoodly. Would you like to see your son?" The mandrill smiled. Simba nodded and walked into the cave, being followed by Timon and Pumbaa.

As he entered the cave, he saw Sarabi and Sarafina surrounding Nala. Simba cleared his throat, and Sarabi turned to see her son. She walked over to him and nuzzled him before smiling at him.

"Congratulations, Simba. I'm so proud of you. And I'm sure your father would be too."

Simba began to tear up as he imagine what his father's reaction would be to see his grandson. The new father walked over to his mate. He nuzzled Nala affectionately before looking down at the tiny, sleeping bundle of fur.

"Well, seeing as it's a boy, what do you wanna call him?" Simba asked his mate proudly. They had both agreed earlier that if it was a boy, Nala would name it, and if it was a girl, Simba would name it.

"I like the name; Kopa." Nala answered rather tiredly.

"I think it's the perfect name for him"

Simba and Nala both looked up to see Sarafina looking down at them. Words couldn't describe how happy she was to see her grandson. Sarafina coughed rather violently which worried Nala. Simba saw how worried his mate looked.

"Sara', are you alright? Would you like me to get Rafiki for you?" He asked his mother in law.

Sarafina just smiled and shook her head. She had gotten ill last month and has not recovered since. But over the last few weeks, her condition had gotten worse, and Rafiki wasn't sure if she would be alive to see Kopa.

"I have gotten to see my grandchild. My final wish has been granted." She answered to Simba. She limped over to her daughter and nuzzled her lovingly. Nala began to cry.

"I don't want you to go, Mom." Sarafina sighed and licked her daughters tears off her face.

"My dear daughter" she began. "I'm close to completing my journey in the Circle of Life. And I could be any happier knowing that you and Kopa made it through the birth without harm. I can finally rest." Nala buried her head into her mother's chest.

"I love you, so so much Mom." She said through her tears. Sarafina smiled down at her daughter and put her paw onto Nala's heart. "I will always be right there, Nala. No matter what." She licked her daughter one last time, before getting up and limping to the other side of the cave. She lay down with her back facing everyone else.

Simba and Nala watched as her breathing got slower, until eventually, her chest stopped rising and falling.