The Battle of The Pridelands - Part 1

"Kopa?!" Utamu said in disbelief. "But how, you're supposed to be dead?!" Kushinga asked. "I know you have a lot of questions for me to answer right now, but I really need to go. I promise I will come back and explain everything." Kopa replied. He turned around and sprinted off into the horizon, leaving the two white lions gobsmacked. Kenji emerged from the cave just in time to see Kopa run off. "Where's Tojo going?" Kenji asked. Kushinga stared at the shrinking outline of Kopa in the distance before looking down at his son. "He's going home, son."

Zira and the tigers had been on the move for about 2 hours now. It was raining heavily, and it was getting windy. One of the tigers was getting fed up with battling the weather and wanted to stop and rest for the night. "Zira, Maoz. Can we please stop? The weather is becoming unbearable!" The tiger roared. Zira turned around, facing the streak behind her. "Are you mad?! We must keep going for another few miles before we can stop if we want to make it to the Pridelands on time!" Zira replied. She turned back and continued walking alongside Maoz. "I'll be honest, Zira. This is becoming quite challenging." The tiger leader said. "I know." Zira replied. "But we need to keep moving."

Kopa ran as fast as he could through the grassy plains. He left Ardhi ya Usalama almost an hour ago. He knew that he was getting close to the Pridelands.

Kiara lay down in the grass. The rain had stopped earlier, and the clouds had lifted. She stared up into the sky. Kovu flopped down beside her. He wrapped one arm around Kiara's body and pulled her in close to him. "This is nice." She whispered. Kovu chuckled in response. The two young lions lay in that position for a while before movement could be heard in the long grass beside them. Kovu's head jerked upwards. "Kovu, what is it?" Kiara asked. "Someone is here." He replied. He let go of Kiara and slowly got up. He could see the grass move in front of him. "Show yourself!" Kovu demanded. The creature emerged from the long grass. Kovu and Kiara gasped. "Who are you?!" Kovu demanded once more. "I mean no trouble." The creature replied. "I bring you a message. But first, I am Kopa. Prince of the Pridelands." Kopa added. Kiara's jaw dropped. She got up and slowly walked towards him. "My brother is dead." She said. "I'm not." Kopa replied. A smile then crept up his face. "Which one of my sister's are you?" he asked. Kiara hesitated. "i-I'm Kiara." She answered. Kopa smiled ear to ear. "How do I know if you're my brother or not?" Kiara asked. "Well, I mean, the clue is on my back." Kopa replied. He turned to his side, letting his sister examine his scarred back. "Great kings..." she whispered. "Show me your eyes!" she demanded. Kopa turned, looking deep into his sister's eyes. Kiara began to smile. "They're scarlet. Just like dad's!" she screamed. "It is you!"

Zazu sat in Rafiki's tree, looking at the 3 lions in the distance. "Rafiki, who's that lion with Kovu and Kiara?" the horned bill asked. Rafiki crawled the edge of a branch to get a closer look at the lions. "It looks like an intruder!" the mandrill exclaimed. "I'll go get Simba!" Zazu replied. He flew to Pride Rock, where the huntresses were just about to leave for their hunt. "Good luck, girls." Simba said. "Sire! Sire!" Zazu screamed. "Zazu? What's wrong?!" Simba asked in fear. "There's a rogue lion at the border, and he's with Kovu and Kiara!" Zazu exclaimed. "What?!" Simba cried. "Huntresses, your hunt will have to wait! Nala, huntresses, follow me!" he added as he sprinted towards the border where the 3 young lions were.

"Kopa, why are you here?! You're supposed to be dead!" Kiara cried. "I'm here to see dad, it's an emergency." Kopa replied. "Well, if you wanna see dad then lets go!" Kiara beamed. "Don't move, rogue!" Simba roared. "Kiara, Kovu! Get away from him!" the king added. "Dad, you don't understand! He's not a rogue, he's your son!" Kiara replied. Simba's eyes widened. "He's not my son. My son was murdered." Simba said. "Kopa, show him your back, and your eyes!" Kiara cried. Kopa stared at his father for a moment, before turning to his side once more to show the king his scar. Simba walked closer to get a better look. His eyes widened even more. "Wait! Show me your eyes." Simba requested. Kopa smiled and looked into Simba's scarlet eyes. Tears formed in Simba's eyes. His son was back from the dead. His son was home. Finally.