Chapter 9: Launch

"Raditz, it's time for dinner!" Gine called, and Raditz stopped what he was doing, smiling as he walked over to her. He missed his mother's cooking. Without thinking of his mother's wrath, Raditz began eating as quickly as he could. Then, whack! Gine had whacked Raditz on the hand with a spoon. "Raditz, can you say thank you next time, and eat politely please?" She said, exasperated.

"Oh! Sorry Mom," Raditz said sheepishly, gulping down his food, then giving her a toothy grin. Gine laughed softly, and sat down next to him. The rest of the meal went by in silence, with the occasional glance at an annoyed Bardock. Raditz's father was really out of place at the table, with his happy son and wife. "Well, I'm going to take a walk. See you two later."

He exited the cave, and was met with an amazing breeze. Hell wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He had his mother, his father and perhaps he could make some friends here. A mean looking Saiyan glared at Raditz as he exited his cave, causing him to back up a bit. The aggressive Saiyan glared at him, and started to walk forward, punching his palm aggressively. Raditz squeaked and rushed into the cave.

Somehow, both Gine and Bardock were already asleep on the floor. The thought of sleeping on the floor made him feel disgusted, but he knew that complaining wouldn't do him any good. While he was here, he might as well begin a rigorous training schedule. He would begin tomorrow, then he would hopefully be able to exceed his younger brother, regaining his position on the top over him. He knew for sure that Kakarot was stronger than he was now.

He wasn't afraid to admit it, unlike some of the others. Vegeta must have been fuming when he lost to Kakarot. Raditz even wondered if Nappa was still alive. He really hoped not, Nappa had been a terrible Saiyan, who Raditz thought didn't have any chance of being redeemed. Then again, he had been somehow 'tamed' when he arrived on Earth, could that happen to Vegeta and Nappa as well? Raditz lay down, his head swimming with his many thoughts and fears.

Had Kakarot really managed to end the fight? Were any more of the Earthlings hurt? Was Nappa still out there? Would Kakarot have been foolish enough to save him? Probably. What would happen to Piccolo and Gohan if he was still alive? Most of all, how could he himself, have enough power to ever go up against Vegeta and win? So many questions, and absolutely no answers, as he would have expected.

Raditz still remembered when that Launch girl had showed up. They had immediately fallen in love, but that had been cut short, due to other priorities.

Raditz remrmbered, he had punched Gohan out of the sky, shouting, "Knock out!"

But, just as he was about to turn around and go after Piccolo, he heard a distant sound of a rumbling engine. Gohan jumped out of the way just as a motorcycle sped to a halt, and a blonde haired woman stepped off. She looked pretty, she had green eyes, and wore a green top, with blue jean shorts. She also carried a gun. Raditz had been taught all of these things by Gohan. The woman glared up at them, then her eyes landed on Raditz, who was staring down at her in surprise and confusion.

"What are you staring at huh?! Where's Tien?! He was supposed to be here!" The woman shouted, an angry tone to her voice that made even Raditz a little bit nervous. But, Raditz felt turned on by how strong she was, and her temper. He went down to her and smiled. The woman herself blushed, though she still managed to maintain a steady composure. "Who are you?"

"The names Raditz, you?" Raditz said, eyeing her gun that she could get in about ten seconds. He knew not to anger women.

"My name is Launch. Now where is Tien-Shinhan?!" The woman insisted, now focusing her attention on a shocked Gohan.

"I - I don't know," Gohan said.

Launch sighed and grabbed her gun, (which nearly hit Raditz) and pointed it at the five year old. "Now do ya wanna tell me the truth?! Huh?!" Launch snapped, but Raditz grabbed the barrel of the gun and bent it down, causing it to shoot downward at his feet. "What the?!" She had exclaimed.

Even as Raditz glared at her, he felt that longing that he had felt once before. That time, he had mourned, as the last woman he loved had been murdered by Frieza for not doing his bidding. Ever since, he had kept his feelings bottled up inside, though many times, they longed to be unleashed. Now, he wanted it more than ever. He wanted a sense of love again, a love that his parents had never been able to give him.

Love that he didn't even feel for Kakarot. More than his friendship with Piccolo and Gohan. More than his hate for Frieza, Vegeta and Nappa. And even more than his fear of losing the woman he loved once more. He knew that they were irrational dreans, but he couldn't bear to lose someone again. Especially someone who loved more dearly than his own mother. Raditz was brought back to the real world by Launch slapping his shoulder gruffly.

She laughed as he looked at her in shock, and a mixture of anger and amusement. "Back to the real world now?" She asked, smiling at him.

Raditz blushed and looked away, not sure if he should give in to these feelings or not. Well, that was just another part of life.

"Who's going to Namek with me?" Bulma asked, looking around at the group with an annoyed look in her eyes. She glared at Nappa as he rose to his feet, and raised his hand as a sign he wanted to go. "No way, Nappa! Do you really think I'll have you come along?!"

Nappa sat back down, a slightly disappointed look on his face, yet he didn't say anything. "Bulma, I think you should let him come with you. You, and whoever goes with you will need his protection," Goku said, nodding to Nappa.

"It's fine, I understand why she wouldn't trust me. I didhurt everyone here. I killed some of their friends, I don't need your sympathy, Kakarot," Nappa said, his eyes narrowed.

Goku frowned, but didn't say anything else. A dense silence filled the room as Bulma waited for someone else who wanted to go with her. She smiled when Yamcha nodded, and rose to his feet.

"I'll go! Krillin, join us! It'll be fun!" Yamcha said. Krillin nodded, an excited look on his face. "How long do we have to wait, Bulma?"

"Two months, Dad is going to be repairing the space pod. Thank you Nappa for not letting me blow it up," Bulma said, while Nappa just nodded.

This was going to be a long two months.

A/N: This was the last prewritten chapter, it now will be written depending on my schedule, it was edited by RoyalBlueRoses