The Night We Met.

TW : agression / suicide

Bruce walked through the corridors, following the redhead lovely nurse.
'' here mister Wayne! "
She said, her voice delicate and high, her eyes shined like diamonds and she had long black lashes and pinky cheeks.
'' this is the room of the Jo... Hum...''
Bruce looked at her.
'' I'm sorry, it's John's room. You can walk in but be careful... He... Bites. ''

Bruce nodded, telling her goodbye, and walked in slowly.
John layed on the bed, a doctor nearby looking at the painkillers infusion, Bruce watched his sleepy face. White. He was so white, all his body.
'' When I found him he was all red''
Bruce remembered, caught in his memories, he remembered this night when he found the Joker, laying in a dark street, his wrists open and beaten to death. His white skin all red. His green hair wet and colored by a brownish red color. Blood everywhere. Only sobbs, when Batman approached, were telling him the Joker was still alive.

'' good morning mister Wayne. ''
Bruce came back to reality, the doctor was smiling at him, he looked tired.
'' good morning doctor, how is John today? "
The doctor smiled again, this time sadly.
'' well, he tries to speak but the painkillers are too strong. He always asks for you. ''
A tired silence went by.
'' we still don't know his real name, he accepts the name John Doe, I think he likes it. ''
Bruce smiled lightly. Of course the green haired clown would not tell his real name. He was to fierce for it. Or maybe he just forgot about it.
'' thank you doctor. ''
The doctor nodded and walked out the white room slowly, closing the door behind him as Bruce walked by the bed.
John was practically invisible, hid behind white walls, white blankets, white pillows, white everything. Only the green curls added shine to the sleepy clown. His make up was took off. He looked... Sick and strangely sort of childish like that. He hadn't the face of his age, he seemed younger.
Bruce sat in the chair beside him, trailing a hand on the mattress.
'' John? "
He murmured softly. John smiled hardly, opening his heavy eyelids.
'' hi... Bruce... ''
His bandaged hand searched for Bruce's. Bruce took his delicate fingers lightly.
The Joker and batman had a sort of sexual relation before. Before the Joker completely broke down and decided to end his life.
Of course, the batman, Bruce wasn't aware. He would have helped him.
Before all of that, the Joker agreed on a therapy and Bruce seemed ready to show his true self. As the clown.
Bruce just didn't understood what happened this night he found him.

'' I have purple socks... ''
Bruce smiled softly.
'' it's.. A gift. ''
'' who gave them to you? "
John closed his eyes, huffing as he moved, trying to show Bruce his new socks.
'' Doctor Bennett ''
A foot slided off of the heavy blankets, showing the moving toes to Bruce.
'' that's a great gift, he's really nice. ''
Bruce covered the foot again with the blankets. He heard a soft moan from John. He fell asleep, finally giving up on the painkillers.
'' John? "
Bruce murmured again. A soft sleeping breath answered him.
'' John... I'm so sorry. I didn't see that. Your cries for help, for... Love. ''
He brushed the long and livid fingers with his thumb.
'' I'll take care of you now. ''
He stood up and bent his back to whisper in John's ear.
'' I'll be back tomorrow. I promise. ''
He watched sadly the bruises on John's face and neck.
'' I'll take care of you. ''