Looking Out For You.

(Hi, sorry i struggled with mental health stuff. I'm back now.)

TW : EATING DISORDERS

John blinked his heavy eyes when his fingers lingered on the cold side of the large bed.
Bruce wasn't there.
He sat on the bed slowly, looking at the alarm clock. 6am.
John sighed, rubbing his still sleepy eyes. He wasn't much of a heavy sleeper, but 6am was still too early for him now that he took the strong treatment Dr Bennett gave him.
So he jumped out the bed, lazily streched in front of the tall mirror and walked through the kitchen slowly.

''oh, John ! Good morning.''
Alfred smiled at him, gently pushing a chair at the kitchen table for John to sit.
John went for it, still slow, still lazy.
''how was your first night at the Manor ?"
The pale man shrugged his shoulders.
''where's Bruce ?"
Alfred smiled lightly, moving his hands quickly to make John's breakfast.
''he's working out in the basement.''
John sighed, curling his green hair in his fingers as the butler gave him his breakfast.

''i'm not hungry, i wanna see Bruce.''
Alfred sat next to him.
''you know you need to eat, even a little bit... It's helping your treatment to work properly.''
John sighed again, he seemed pissed off.
''you want this to work, WE want this to work. We'll follow you John, we'll help. You just need to eat a few bits of that toast, alright ?"
The pale man nodded.
Alfred was right.
John always struggled with eating disorders, and he never really understood the point of seeing someone, a doctor, for this.
During a mounth he wanted to be skinnier to fit perfectly his suits,
The other mounth he wanted to gain some weight to make the strange feeling of starve go away.
It wasn't just physical, he grew up like this, with these received ideas.
He really nedded help. Thank god Bruce sent him to this private hospital.

So he took the toast.
Alfred smiled at him.
So he ate slowly, his head empty, too afraid to think of all this poor buttered toast could possibly do to his body.
No.
No, he was stronger now.
He took his treatment, he even finished the glass of milk.
''well done !!"
He smiled at the old man.
''i'm proud of you, John...''
Alfred grabbed his shoulder affectionately.
''i'm sure Bruce will be too.''
He felt tears.
Was that happiness ?