◈ │Ch.14: Surprise!│◈

AFTER Landen and Raven found Marice at her job, they brought her back to Raven's house

AFTER Landen and Raven found Marice at her job, they brought her back to Raven's house. Marice was with Raven while Landen took his bike to her place. Of course, he got there sooner than they did.

They were all sitting in one of Raven's mansion's numerous dining rooms. They were all silent, not knowing what to say. Marice then coughed to clear the room.

"Thank you guys for being there for me. I don't know what I would have done without you two." Marice was fortunate to have people that cared for her well-being. She honestly didn't know what she would have done if it wasn't for them.

"I'll always be there for you. I'll jump a bride if I have to. I care about you, Marice. I would do anything for you because you are my best friend." Raven reassured her by holding her hand and making genuine eye contact.

"Thanks, Rave."

"I know we only recently met, but I consider you to be a friend as well. Maybe I don't have the same history as you two, but I know you're authentic kindhearted, and if they mess with you, they mess with me." Marice turned to face Landen, who was sitting in front of her, and couldn't help but smile. Even though she had only recently met him, he still wants to be friends with her despite everything, but as soon as she remembers that the only reason she was close with him in the first place was that her mother wanted her to, her smile fades.

"Now, as much as this mushy stuff is cute, we have to make a plan," Raven spoke, clearing the air.

"A plan?"

"You don't think I'm going to let them step all over you, right? I don't care if you're the school's new Golden Goose. I'm gonna make sure they pay."

"I'm with Raven. We can't let them win." Marice turned back to Landen. Since when did these two become buddy buddies. What the hell happened last night that they all of a sudden agree on something?

"W-We can't. You guys can't, or else they'll target you too. You know the rules, Raven."

"Rules? What rules." Landen asked as Raven rolled her eyes. Of course, she knew about the rules and consequences, but she didn't care.

"You didn't tell him?"

"He didn't ask." Raven simply stated as Marice sighed.

"There are a few rules that come with the Golden Goose."

"1. If you're the Golden Goose, you'll have to do what you're told, or you'll be punished. 2. If you transfer schools to avoid being the Golden Goose, they will track you down and make sure you do as they say, or else they will do something bad to you or your friends who did nothing wrong. 3. If you or anyone else decides to take action, you and the person who wanted to help will be punished."

"That sounds like a load of crap, and who is 'they'?" Landen said as Marice finished.

"'They' is referred to as the Honors Society, where all the entitled kids join together to make people's lives miserable just for their enjoyment. They rule the school and Allie is the president of the stupid thing."