◈ │Ch.6: Kid │ ◈

M A R I C E, was on her way out when Olive had called last minute to help her close the store

, was on her way out when Olive had called last minute to help her close the store. Marice being Marice accepted and told Raven that she had to go.

"Be safe, I don't want my Marice getting kidnapped." Raven hugged Marice before she got inside her car and drove off.

Ten minutes later she walked in to see a whole bunch of people inside the shop. She saw Olive who looked relieved. She walked up to the register where Olive hugged her.

"You have no idea how happy I'm here to see you!"

"You said it was an emergency, so I had to come."

"Trust me you saved me big time tonight. I told the part time worker to leave early since there was no one and now there's so many people." Marice grabbed an apron and started taking orders.

"Who's next," Marice asked as the next group of people what their order was and started making them.

"That was the last one." Olive said closing the register.
Twenty minutes later as Marice was closing some of the machines and grabbing a broom to sweep the floor, she had heard the bell ring from behind her.

"Sorry but we're closed." She turned around to see a young girl with two ponytails holding a pink bunny. She looked around five years old. She then looked up to see Jace with a confused look.

"Marice?" Jace saw her wearing a hat that said For-yo wonderland and a striped apron. She looked cute he thought.

Marice was far from flustered she was terrified. Someone from her school had seen her working and not just anyone.
It so happened to be Jace, the Golden boy of Golden Stacks High.

With one sentence he could potentially make her life a living hell.

"J-Jace? What are you doing here?"

He looked down to see his little sister shy and hiding behind his legs. He patted her head as he knelt down.

"It's okay Nana she's a friend. No need to be shy." He stood back up and smiled towards Marice.

"This is Nadine my little sister. She was feeling a little sad earlier and she wanted something sweet to eat but since you're closing, we can go find somewhere that's open." Jace turned around as Marice looked towards the little girl behind him.

She couldn't help but see a bit of herself in her.
She couldn't let them leave like that it would be rude.

"Don't go. You guys can stay." Olive looked at her knowing full well that Marice has no mean bones in her to dismiss a little girl.