Thirty-Three - "Baddist"?

The next morning Cleo took her braids out, wearing it curly to church. After church they got their stuff together, said bye to everyone and left. Kollin took them to a restaurant and after they ate they drove back to Miami.

"You made this the best weekend of my life, Kollin." She admitted as he opened her door for her. "I'll see you at school tomorrow, baby."

"You always tryna make my dick hard." He backed her up against the car and bent down to her level, kissing her.

Pushing him away she smiled. "My dad might be watching, text me later."

They walked up the porch steps and she unlocked the front door, hearing the alarm beep twice. Kollin waited until she was inside to go back down to his car. He drove home and went inside. He stared at the hidden picture in the picture frame on his dresserfor a second before putting it back and going down to the basement.

"Bonjour."

"KoKo!" his three youngest siblings ran up to him, Jasper at his own pace. "We missed you."

"I missed you guys too. Where are Dax and Purple?"

"Iffy." Jas said, taking his turn to hug his brother's leg.

"They're at Izzy's house. They were waiting for you to get home." Eva explained. She nudged her husband who was lying asleep behind her. "Theo, KoKo's home."

"Let him sleep, I got you something." He bent down to her and kissed her cheeks, then pulled the Almond Joy out of his pocket. She smiled and accepted it, thanking him. "You know I love you, right mama? I really appreciate everything you've done for me, even when I was horrible to you."

"No worries, I love you too." she said around a mouth full of Almond Joy. She leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Did you have fun?"

"I had a lot of fun."

"Was this fun safe and protected?"

"It wasn't that kinda fun, mama."

"Liar." Theo mumbled.

"Dad you supposed to be sleep. I didn't have that kinda fun this weekend."

"Then what did you two do after prom? I ain't never heard of a teenager that didn't have fun after prom." Eva said.

"Mhm, 'Trice was conceived on prom night." Theo added.

"See," Eva nodded towards her husband.

"We didn't get home until three, and then I spent a little while telling her and then we went in the pool house and went to sleep."

Theo and Eva stared at him, then they both stupidly repeated, "You told her?"

"You told her?!"

Kollin turned around and saw Violet. She had a deep frown on her face and Dax slowly slid to the side and scooped up Nicky, knowing he had nothing to do with this. Violet groaned and left the basement. Kollin decided he would wait for her to cool off before he went to talk to her.

"She took it well, she told me I was brave and that she was sorry that it happened to me."

"You are brave, you know that."

"Yeah well, yeah. Daxtonius." KoKo rolled across the carpet to his brother who was now on his phone. "How you?"

"Either say my name right or don't speak to me."

He ignored him. "You do something with your mystery girl this weekend?"

"I told you she went out of town this weekend." Dax glanced at him.