Thirty-Eight - "Do you blame me?"

When Ques woke Somi up the next morning, she felt...sad? Down?

She couldn't even find the correct word to describe it. She felt hormonal.

"You up?" Ques asked over the phone. Despite their argument, they were still talking to each other. Nothing had changed that much, but there was still that underlying tension that they were trying to ignore. After getting home from Kollin's house last night, they stayed on the phone until they fell asleep.

Right now she didn't feel like being bothered by anybody. She wanted an omelette.

She mumbled a 'yes' to Ques and hung up. Nobody felt like cooking breakfast, so the kids just grabbed something random to put on their stomachs and went to their last day of school.

Ray and Lisa didn't bother and most of the others didn't either. They knew Sommer's irritated look. The guys pitched in and brought her breakfast or snacks because KayC warned them that she wasn't in a good mood today.

There were only twenty-five minutes in each class. Some of the teachers let them chill and some needed help packing up supplies. This class was a chance to chill.

"You guys are annoyingly sweet." She told them. Rico had made her an omelette and Ques brought her some Italian sausage because he was a pervert.

"We try."

"What you want for lunch?"

"Dion's getting me something. Seriously all this wasn't necessary, but thanks."

"Don't mention it."

"By the way, all them Vaney people said hi." Alex said.

"So what happened this morning? KayC sent the morning text and y'all each picked a station to man for me?"

"That was a nice analogy, or was that a metaphor?"

"That's kinda what happened. One of us went and got a bunch of stuff from the corner store that we know you like and we each took something, besides Rico and Ques."

"Nice organization for a last minute mission."

"We work well as a team."

Somi nodded because it was true.

She noticed how the boys would stare at her and Ques with confused faces every once in a while.

"Is there a reason y'all keep looking at us like that?" She finally asked.

"Not really."

"I t'ink the consensus is dat we're confused as hell, but we will mind our business." KoKo absentmindedly rubbed his wrist.

Somi turned around to look at Ques. "You didn't tell your boyfriends what happened?"

"Boyfriends?"

"You didn't tell your best friend what happened."

"Boyfriends?" Alex asked after Rico the first time.

"We got in a, uh-"

"Disagreement."

"Yes, a disagreement. I'm not apologizing and neither is she, but in the meantime we still love each other, so it is what it is." Ques explained, then looked at Somi. "Right?"

"Mhm."

Somi had honestly been thinking about apologizing, at least for cracking his screen. She wasn't about to apologize for everything else because all he had to do was answer a simple question.