Forty-Four - "Go to her, Marcus."

"I get that the world doesn't revolve around me, and I want my kids to be happy, but I promise if another one of y'all run off and get married...y'all don't even wanna know what I'll do."

"Technically Zyon and I didn't run off; the courthouse isn't that far from here."

"I don't wanna hear it, but y'all are gonna hear it from 'Mir because I'm gonna drive him crazy for his wedding just to make up for the two of y'all." Janelle smiled. She looked forward to it.

"I thought you were making pig feet?"

"They're in the crock pot. I'll have water, thanks." She told the waiter.

"I'll take raspberry iced tea and the fried mushroom appetizer."

The waiter nodded and walked away as they went back to their conversation.

"So what happened? You sounded worried on the phone."

"We got into a fight because I told him I didn't want to have anymore kids."

Janelle's eyebrows raised. "Oh. I didn't know you only wanted one kid."

She chuckled. "Well...the thing is...neither did he until we got back home that night."

"Shekinah.."

"I know, I know. But he said it himself that my decision didn't change the way he felt about me. He still wants to be together, so it's fine right?"

"You know what this can be constituted as, right?"

"No, what?"

"You basically trapped the man in a marriage, Shekinah."

"No I didn't." She frowned, honestly offended that she would say something like that. "Look, I just need some advice."

"Okay, about what?"

"I don't want to offend you when I say this...but how did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Have all these kids, knowing that there was a chance they'd end up with a mental disorder? Not to say that you're a bad mother or anything. Thanks for having me by the way."

Janelle smiled. She wasn't offended at all. "It's called faith, boo. Even though three of you ended up with one or more of my problems, I just trust that God wouldn't give any of us more than we can bare."

"That's something my dad would say." Shekinah smiled. She missed that man so much.

"I can tell he was a smart man."

"He was. Hey! Maybe Zyon and I can adopt! That's a good alternative, right?"

Shekinah's smile fell when she saw the expression on her mother's face. She must not have liked her idea. The waiter came back with their drinks and stuffed mushrooms and they placed their orders.

"Did you know beforehand that he wanted a big family?"

"That's beside the point, mama."

"It's only beside the point because you know you're wrong. I think first you need to pray about it, then tell Zyon the truth."

"I already prayed about it. I don't wanna talk to him about it because he's gonna try to talk me out of it."

"Maybe that's what's best."

"Whose side are you on?"

"You're scared, Shekinah, believe me when I say I understand, but you need to trust God on this one. Even if the baby-"