Five - Shindig

Five - Shindig

The next day Rico was literally yanked out of bed by Marisol. He slept over their house last night because he didn't feel like hearing his mom and aunt run around like a chicken wit its head cut off looking for Tiara. Also because Dani's stepdad is out of town and he didn't want Dani and Marisol to be in the house by themselves.

"Ma what you do that for?" He groaned.

"Get up and call your cousin to see where she is."

"I texted her last night and—"

"I really don't care just tell your mother to stop callin' me! Damn." She mumbled more things as she walked out of the guest room. "Get up, it's time fah school!"

Rico knew where she was and that she was gon get in big trouble when she comes back.

After doing his morning routine and getting dressed, him and Dani drove to school.

"Is she gonna get in trouble?" Dani asked as they got out of the car.

"Hell yeah and the shit is gon be funny to watch."

"Could you at least act like you care Rico? She's your cousin."

"She's more like the second sister I never wanted." He said as he opened the front door for her and walked in after her. Dani realized what he said and punched him in his arm. "Ow. Forreal though, I care. I just don't see Tiara as missing. Ty said she came in the house and then left right back out and went somewhere."

"So you know where she is?" Jalisa asked.

"Maybe."

"Well where is she?"

"Why would I tell you that?" Rico grabbed his Physics book out his locker and closed it back. "That's classified information."

Veronica and Kendall were very serious about finding out where Tiara was so Veronica called Sariyah to see if Jason could figure out where she might be. Kendall didn't need to know why but Veronica knew Jason had connections.

Jason wasn't about to be using up his favors so he asked Rico if all this was necessary. It wasn't, so Rico told him not to worry about it.

Immanuel was convinced he was having a bad hair day but no one else agreed. Even Ray told him he had that good hair. He saw Alex's beanie and wanted to wear it real bad.

"Hey bro," he greeted him as he went to put his arm around his shoulder. Alex squared up for a second because he knew Manny was up to something. "Buenos días, you know I love you right?"

"What you want?"

"Why I gotta want somethin'? You don't love me no more bro?" Manny acted offended.

"I didn't say that but you up to something."

"Iight you got me, can I wear your beanie?"

"The beanie that I have on my head right now, you wanna wear it?" Alex asked.

"Please?"

Alex sighed and gave Manny his beanie. Manny smiled and put it on his head. Alex took Somi's ponytail holder out of her head and her soft, silky hair fell all around her face. She raked it back with her hand.

"Y'all got that good hair." Nique told them. "And you should keep your hair out too, see like this." Nique reached up and moved Alex's dreads around a little bit so he looked rugged. "Voila!"

"When did this turn into beauty shop?" Ray asked.

"You just jealous cause you don't got that good hair." Immanuel joked. Ray flipped him off.