screw plan A, we have a better one

Daniel

He'd seen Octavian's disapproving frown.

The plan worked. It freaking worked.

He glanced at Lunella, innocently sipping her coffee. He knew they were thinking the same thing. It's Rachel's turn to be jealous.

Phase two began.

Octavian

"We need a place to stay." Octavian declared.

Rachel nodded. "We could find a hotel nearby. Calypso recovered my credit card."

After a bit of roaming around, they found a pretty nice hotel they could camp at for the night.

As Rachel booked their rooms, Octavian turned to the other two.
"Okay, Lunella, Rachel, you can share a room, Daniel, you and-"

Daniel and Lunella looked at each other, and something seemed to pass between them.

Lunella coughed. "Actually, maybe . . . we could switch? Like . . . "

Octavian raised an eyebrow at the two of them.

"Well . . . we think . . . it might be . . . you know, better if you and Rachel shared a room?" Daniel finished.

Rachel flushed. "Wha-"

Octavian interrupted her. "That means you two share a room."

Lunella shrugged, not particularly caring. "So? Dani's my best friend?"

"Why should Rachel and I share a room anyway?" Octavian asked.

Lunella

Shit. She needed an excuse.

" . . . Becaus Phoebe said so!" Lunella exclaimed all of a sudden.

Daniel caught on, thankfully. "Yeah! She predicted this!"

Octavian blushed. "She- what?"

"The two . . . prophets must stay together!" Lunella lied.

"Because it's important! If you separate it'll be disastrous!" Daniel added. "And also, you two need to fix your relationship because Octavian's been avoiding Rachel."

Rachel shot Daniel a look, but Lunella swooped in before she could say anything. "Yeah, Tavy. You better fix your relationship right now!"