quest

Octavian

"We should tell Chiron." Daniel said.

"What do you mean?" Lu asked.

"The Oracle of Delphi. We need to retrieve it." Octavian said. "It's why I was brought back."

"A quest! This will be fun!" Lunella exclaimed.

"Okay, a quest it is." Daniel announced.

"Race ya!" Lunella yelled, taking off.

Daniel ran after her, yelling "Wait up!"

Octavian smiled. Everyone might hate him, but at least he had these two.

He ran to the Big House, running after the only two people who didn't hate him.

****************************

"A quest. You want a quest." Chiron said.

Octavian nodded. "We need to retrieve the Oracle."

"What?" A voice asked.

Rachel Elizabeth Dare stood in the doorway, her hands stained with paint.

Chiron cleared his throat. "Octavian wants us to issue a quest to save the Oracle of Delphi."

"He what?!" Rachel exclaimed. "I'm going!"

"Rachel, you are mortal!" Chiron protested.

"I am the Oracle! I have every right to go!" Rachel pointed out.

"She has a point." Daniel mumbled.

"I mean, Rachel can defend herself, I guess she can go." Lunella said, shrugging.

Rachel smiled at Lunella. "Thank you, Lunella."

Chiron looked unsure, though. "Are you certain?"

Rachel nodded. "Of course. Who's going with me?"

Octavian raised his hand. "Can I?"

Chiron shook his head. "I'm afraid you'll have to stay here, Octavian."

"What?!"

"The Romans are coming tomorrow, we have alerted them of your, ah, issues." The old centaur explained.

"Talk about understatements." Lunella mumbled.

The Romans.

His original family.

Octavian didn't know how to feel. A part of him wanted to stay and meet the Romans, while another part of him just felt like he had to
go.

"Alright, Rachel. I'll let you go on this quest. But you have to bring a demigod companion with you." Chiron said.

Daniel and Lunella's hands shot up at the same time.

Rachel smiled. "Sorry, Lu, but the Hermes Cabin needs you for Capture The Flag tomorrow."
She turned to Daniel. "Are you sure about this?"

The son of Clio nodded eagerly, his auburn curls bouncing on his head. "I've always wanted to go to Greece!"

"Well, that's the quest settled. When do you two leave?" Chiron asked.

Daniel and Rachel looked at each other. "How about tomorrow morning?"

Lunella patted Daniel's head affectionately, making him blush. "Good luck, Dani."

Octavian smiled. "Come back alive, okay?"

"Come on, Octavian. Let's sort out that hair." Lunella said, stifling a giggle.