Chapter 10

Infinity Life

[ 2 months later ]
[ Ellyn's POV ]

"Mingyu-ya... when will the boys come here? I miss them!" I whined as Mingyu rolled his eyes.

"I'm tired of seeing their faces,Lyn. How come you love them so much?"

"They are so fun tho! Lol you're no fun at all. It was you who always saw their faces, not me"

"Then why should I bring them here? There's no point in doing so."

"Jeez, I'm done talking to you. I'll cook for Namjoon. He must be tired right?" I stood up right after I said that.

————————
{ Namjoon's POV }

"Right Sir, I'll bring the files tomorrow.... Ah- yes yes, all the files- what? Oh... okay, I'll tell Mingi tomorrow... okay. goodnight, Sir .. bye"  I hung up . I looked at my wrist.

'8:57 pm already.. I should go home now'

I took my bag and my car key with me. I pressed the button as I arrived in front of the lift. The lift opened slowly. I entered and pressed the button for parking lot section.

The door opened and I walked to my car and drove back home.

————————

"I'm back!" I shouted.

I heard voices in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to find smiley Ellyn with Mingyu, probably waiting for me. Poor them, they waited so long for me.

"Come sit and let's eat"

I sat down beside Ellyn.

————————

[ the next day ]

"FINALLY! HOLIDAY!! WOHOO!" Leá jumping in excited.

"I CAN FINALLY REST ! FOR 2 DAMN WEEKS!" Siyeon shouted as she joined Leá.

"Okay hear me out! We're going shopping! Camping! Dinner! Sleepover! Ea-"  Leá words was cut by Jinny.

"But homework.." Jinny said with a sigh.

"Urgh! Why teachers always ruin our mood with homework!" Siyeon scoffs. "Oh guys, me and Dami were planning to go to the beach, wanna join?"

"YES/ of course!" We all agreed.

———————

We all ended up sitting on the bench without doing anything. The blue, calming sky ... the sounds of ocean waves....birds chirping..

No one wants to talk at this time, everyone seems to enjoy the moment. It's been a long time since we hanged out like this.

I flinched when I heard my phone rang. I sighed. I stood up as I answered the phone.

I walked to a big tree far from the bench.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Kim Ellyn.."

"Ergh.. not to be rude but..do I know you?"

The man behind the phone chuckled at my question. Soon he began to laugh.

"Kim Ellyn.. Kim Ellyn.. oh my Kim Ellyn ..you are so funny.. YOU .." he growled.

"M-me?" I looked around in horror.

"You have no time to have fun. Soon, a bullet will run through your head. I'll see you next time." he hung up.

I did not think anymore to run back to my friends to pick up my bag and my things.

Before they could ask me. I ran to the street, going back home. I heard them calling my name. I ran as fast as I could.

———————

The traffic light turns to green. Cars start moving with fast speed. I lost control of myself... I wasn't thinking right so I just ran across the road. Cars honking, some people looking at me.

I am now...in the middle of the road..

Cars honking..

Everything seems so fast....

I saw a truck coming in my direction. Not so far from me.
I tried to move but failed.  I just stood there. Not moving at all...

A tear escaped from my eye. Headache.. everything seemed blurry.

My heartbeat is beating at an unusual rate. Messy hair, my face went pale, a bag hanging on my shoulder loosely ...Hands trembling.

Everything went like a slowmo..

The truck driver laughing with a bottle in his hand.
His truck waa in full speed and he looked too drunk to control.

People screaming but I still couldn't move my feet nor any part of my body..

I closed my eyes...

* clock ticking sound*

"DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

I heard someone said..
but..

< to be continued >