4 | Meeting Him

"....onjun, Yeonjun wake up."

I feel someone gently patting my arm and I peel open my eyes.

Ryewook, is looking at me with soft eyes.

"I didn't want to wake you up, since you looked so peaceful, but we're here now."

I rub my eyes absent mindedly with my hands, and scootch out of the car.

The cold wakes me up properly, and it's then I finally notice the daunting building in front of me.

"Yeonjun, Welcome to Seoul Psychiatric and Neurological University Hospital. Your new home."

He says.

You could definitely see that my old hospital was much older than this one; this one had a much more modern structure, and the materials used are more newer and flashier, and the building itself is slightly bigger as well.

"Quite impressive, isn't it?" Ryewook suddenly says.

My head and eyes turn to him quickly, and I realize I had been staring up at the building.

"Mmm..."

"Don't worry. It may seem a bit much, but I promise you it's the best option for you. And FYI, that's what hospitals these days look like. Seoul Mental is quite an old hospital you know, but this hospital has only been here since... 2000 I'm pretty sure. Which is quite young for a hospital."

He tells me.

I just blink at him.

I don't have a response for that.

He giggles at me.

"C'mon, let's go inside. I promise you I'll stay with you till your with the doctor, yeah?"

I nod, and then walk next to him as he starts forward toward the structure.

We reach two massive white, see-through gates and he presses a small button on a metal box.

After a few seconds a voice comes through.

"Seoul Psychiatric and Neurological University Hospital, what is your reason of call?"

A female voice says.

I'm going to have a lot of fun here..

Please, not now!

"I'm here to drop off Choi Yeonjun for his hospital transfer?" Dr. Lee replies.

"Ah..yes. One moment, we'll send someone over there now. Please wait a moment."

A click as the line is cut off.

"So. How you feeling about this?"

I just shrug.

"Apprehensive, I guess?"

I guess? How lame.

Just what I needed.

"Oh by the way, I'll give this to you when we get inside." He tells me, indicating towards a black bag on his shoulder with his head, one I hadn't realised he'd been carrying till now.

"I'm I allowed to ask what that is?" I reply.

Dr. Lee looks at me with an almost incrediculous look, before realization washes over his face.

"How silly, I didn't even tell you what this is. This is your spare set of asthma stuff."

He tells me.

I mentally facepalm.

How could I forget about something so important, something so important that it could make the difference of life and death for me?