Part 4-Descent

"Here you are." I turned to find Thanatos. "I've come to inform my lord that the chariot is ready, it's a good moment to take our leave." I took a deep breath and continued my mindless gaze into one of Olympus's countless gardens.

" I took a deep breath and continued my mindless gaze into one of Olympus's countless gardens

"A rumor plagues these halls, deities are saying the straws were rigged." I said, "yes my lord I'm aware.

"What do you think?" I asked. "Should I challenge Zeus's reign?"

"I was there and there seemed to be nothing unfair about the straws they all looked similar, this is fate the Underworld has chosen you as its ruler..." His words were interrupted by a small voice.

"Brother, planning on leaving without saying goodbye... again" I turned around to see Hestia she was wearing a white tunic with her dark hair in a woven circle, Thanatos understood the situation and quietly left us. "You manage to always stop me at the last second sister."

"I heard that you're taking a chastity bow, quite a pity any man would be lucky to have you, but then again I believe no man is worthy of you." I chuckled with a hint of sadness. "You've always held me in such a high regard. Come let us go for a stroll around the garden I've a feeling I won't see you in a long long time." She said turning to me, I nodded.

"Yes, let's walk."

"After that voyage to the Underworld I've noticed a difference in you." My feet came to a stoop we found ourselves deep into a maze.

"We've won the war, but there continues to be a battle behind those dark eyes of you 'res I see it

"We've won the war, but there continues to be a battle behind those dark eyes of you 'res I see it... a part of you tries to hide it." Her eyes fell in mine. " I notice dear brother, you love killing humans, rejoice in there pain. You always volunteered to decapitate the captured soldiers after the long battles." She grabbed onto my hands. "You're no longer the sweet Aiden I knew..." A fear I had never experienced before reached me. "This does not mean I love you any less, and no matter what horrid things you do this will not change.'

Her hands caressed mine in tiny circles.

"You have always been so kind to me." I said.

"The Underworld is described as quiet, I think you'll be okay there. No crowd to judge you, no need to hide who you really are, you will be able to be yourself." She brought me closer into her arms.