Part 5-King Hades

So it was declared, and executed all mortal souls currently in Tartarus would be properly judged. A task which took me hundreds of years, years in which I severed all contact with the world outside the dark realm. 

Invitations and letters pilled at my desk every now and then, I completely ignored them.

Visits were also prohibited.

The task was done, I managed to catch up on all my work, and was now judging souls from the present. 

The noise at night was once again down to a whisper. 

Which if you did not focus was not even there.

The next century was spent doing different things mostly sleeping, but I also hanged out with the deities down here. I found Nyx caring of everyone, she even asked me to call her mother, for she thought of me as a son. I didn't mind this since I had no idea where Rhea was, probably in Olympus or among mortals. 

Hecate was weird she would always be talking about a new potion she came up with or some new magic trick she achieved. Thanatos was friendly his personality that of a puppy he was someone I spent a lot of time with.

I went to Tartarus almost on the daily, to inflict pain on the prisoners, moments which fed the a monster in me.

I didn't know much about how my brothers, and sisters, or how the upper world was doing. My sister Hestia wrote many letters, but I didn't answer nor read them for that matter. I knew I had to visit them, or at least my sister, but how would they react to me.

I was sitting in my throne room finishing the souls of the day. When a guard rushed in. "King Hades a god by the name of Hermes wishes a word with you, he brings an important message from Olympus." 

"Bring him in" The guard reappeared with a man trailing behind him, this god Hermes wore a small white tunic, and a winged helmet. It suited him, he looked around the throne room, as he made his way to me.

He stood meters away from him and cleared his throat.

"Allow me to introduce myself." I signaled with my hand for him to continue. "My name is Hermes, I am the messenger of the gods." 

Hermes

"You must be new since I've never seen, or heard of you," I said looking the young deity up and down

"You must be living under a rock if you haven't heard of my..." Hermes was interrupted it seemed like he was about to tell me the story of his life. I really had no time. "Yes so why are you here," I said, this being came out as extremely self-absorbed. 

I hoped Olympus's halls weren't filled with gods like him.

"Ahhh yes, the reason I've come is to inform you that Zeus will be holding a yearly meeting tomorrow your presence is required. May I also add I have been coming to inform you about this and other events for the last 50 years." 

"You're point..." I said, was this god complaining.

"For 50 years I was denied a boat ride by Charon told 'the king accepts no visits' every single time until now." I rolled my eyes.

 You were also sent countless letters before I took this job" Hermes said in a whining tone. " what are these meetings about."

"The meetings were started two centuries ago, by our leader Zeus. They were created as a means to tell Zeus what has been going on in every area and inform him of any problems, that way we can work toward a solution... together." A smirk made its way to my lips, seemed Zeus was doing what he knew best.

"Everyone attends these meeting except you, but as one of the three kings there is a throne for you." He walked around the throne room admiring the artwork, but speaking loudly. "From what I've heard you've not been to mount Olympus since you're coronation 400 years ago." He took in the situation, "Why haven't you gone?"

I ignored his question completely, busy with my own thoughts. We stayed silent for a small while before he spoke once again.

"Anyways as you can tell by Zeus's personality he is pissed. Before he understood since I always came back with the explanation that you were not accepting any visitors and I couldn't see you. If I go back and tell him I spoke to you, and you don't show up he will personally come down."

"It seems the time has come to see them," I murmured. "You can tell Zeus that I will be there." 

"And please inform me of everything that has happened in the last 400 years, I hate being uninformed."

 "That would be a pleasure."