I Am At Fault

Author's pov:

Mina: You

Confused at her statement Taehyung just blurted out

Tae: W-what? Me?

She nodded for his question and went silent while taehyung is confused. He never new their existence until now. How could he be the reason for her daughter creating troubles.

Tae: But I never met them till now.

Mina: Yeah!! And that is the reason.

Tae: What does that mean?

After taking few seconds of silence mina started saying

Mina: *shighs* Jin is very composed and well matured for his age. He never asked anything nor gave me any troubles. He never questioned me or fought with me asking about his father but - *after few seconds of silence * lia- lia is polar opposite of jin. No one can believe if I say they are twins. She is hyper active, naughty and always shines with her boxy smile at the same time she is a trouble maker. She used to be fine without causing me big issues but as she grew up and started to know about family and things, she asked me about her father.

Mina started wiping her tears slowly so that Taehyung won't notice her.

Mina: I - I couldn't able to lie to them. I just tried to explain in what ever way it is possible but it is of no use but it was not the answer they were expecting. She cried many times without me noticing her but it never escaped me. I couldn't able to bring myself to console my own children. I was just a failure as mother. *crying * A-and then one day I got a call from playschool where they are studying saying that lia fought with her friends. By the time I went there the other students parents are bashing her right infront of me saying that she doesn't have a father and so she doesn't have proper parental guidance. H-how could they say such words to a little kid for something so small. And that day for the first time lia shouted on me saying 'I hate you mother'. I was so much in pain and lia is hurting because of me.

Mina is having difficulty to talk as she is crying.

Mina: A-After I sent her to my parents house now jin started asking questions. He fought with me while we are in a restaurant and ran out crying as I shouted on him. That's the same day when he met you.

Taehyung remembered the first time he met jin. When he asked him he said he fought with his mother.

Mina : I-I thought I can raise my kids without a father but when I saw jin crying asking about you I was scared to even think about our future. I saw lia is scolded for not having a father. I - I am scared that I am so vulnerable and I might not be able to protect them.

After hearing Taehyung was able to understand what she has gone through without him. It is true that he is at fault and now he wants to put back everything on track.

Looking at her side profile which is almost covered with her hair he lift his hand and placed her hair back so he can have clear glance at her. His big palm is placed on her cheek which is now all wet because of her crying. Without wasting time he puffed mina cheeks and turned her to face him directly. Once he got clear view, mina opened her eyes to look at taehyung.

Not knowing what to say he just hugged her in tight embrace to console her. He doesn't know if it helped her or not but it surely brought back his memories. There are days when he cancelled all his plans so he can just stay all the day in her embrace. She was his only way to peaceful and happy life. Reminiscing those thought he tightened his grip on her more not wanting to leave her once again. He have suffered enough. Even if it takes to fight whole world he will make sure that she will be his wife.

Mina became composed after crying for a while. She missed being like this in his arms and she likes the fact that he still smells the same.

Tae: Mina

Mina is silent and just listening to what he have to say.

Tae: Will you marry me?

Upon hearing the sudden confession mina heart started to beat fast but not as fast as Taehyung's heartbeat that she can hear now.

Tae: I am sorry for being a jerk. For letting you go. For not being able to be there in our children life. For hurting you physically and mentally. For everything that I did and everything that you have to go through because of me.

Mina is still silent. Although she wanted to belive that he changed, a part of her thinks that maybe he just wanted to marry her because of kids. As if he read her mind he said

Tae: I would propose to you even if we don't have kids. Don't think I am asking your hand in marriage thinking about our children. No. I want to marry you because I love you.

Those three words are enough for mina to forget everything that happened until now. She is willing to let him do what ever he wants to do with her. Even if it means breaking her heart once again.

With teary eyes she lifted her head to look at taehyung face and met with two gorgeous and sincere eyes that are on verge to cry waiting for her answer.

Without further delay she nodded a yes for his confession. It made taehyung the most happiest person on earth. He couldn't able to control his emotions as tears are rolling out his eyes. With all the love they shared a kiss that will relive them from these all years of pain and longing. As the both part from the kiss mina smiled at him saying

Mina: I love you.

He gave a peck to her saying

Tae: I love you tooo❤️