June Claremont Diaz the Poster Child

Usually when people get engaged they revel in it for a bit. They wait a month or two to just be happy and engaged. But that was not the case. When they asked June and Nora to help plan the wedding they didnt mean right that second. June was just so excited she had to start somewhere. They told her she could make flower arrangements but that was it for now because they didn't want the wedding to be until at least next year. While Alex and Henry knew they were meant to be the press would feel some type of way about them getting married so quickly.

They were going to do it together anyway but June was so glad Nora was there to help. If Nora knew how to put together outfits that take you to different realities she should definitely be able to plan a wedding. However that was not the case.
"What do you mean you don't know" June said staring at her dumbfounded
"I mean I have no idea how to plan anything but a party with a lot of alcohol let alone what flowers to pick. All I know is Zinias are my favorite flower because they look interesting and they smell nice." Nora said obviously frustrated but still with a smile because how could she not when June was sitting right next to her.
"You know your cute when you get all frustrated" June said leaning in to kiss her.
And kiss they did, everytime it was best thing in the whole world and they never wanted to stop because why would they. They were both just with each other in the moment.
June pulls away "Are you free this weekend"
"You mean this weekend like tomorrow" Nora said raising her eyebrows
"Well, Yeah"
"I am actually why do you ask"
"Want to go to Texas? Not just to go I mean I have an idea on somewhere to go as a date if you would let me take you on one, and we can stay at my old house" June asked with a nervous grin her and Noras hands still enlaced.
"Yes of course I've always wanted to see your childhood home and anywhere with you is perfect. But why all the way in Texas"
"It's a surprise but your gonna love it."
"Ok well I better start packing" Nora said kissing June on the cheek and rushing off out the door.

June was up all night looking at different flower arrangements and color schemes for the wedding. Nora always liked to drive because she gets motion sick so she figured if worst comes to worst she could sleep in the car. However she wasn't planning on falling asleep with her phone on a picture of red white and almost a royal blue roses. "That would be a good name for a book about Alex and Henry" June thought. Anyway her phone died and with that so did her alarms.

She woke up the next morning to someone kissing her forehead.
"June, sleepy head you gotta wake up it's almost noon."
"Nora?" June asked still half asleep, "Oh shit! Nora I'm sorry I didn't forget about today I fell asleep with my phone on last night" June said with an I'm sorry look on her face.
"June, it's ok I know you don't sleep in unless your really tired so I packed some stuff for you in that bag over there so you could sleep some more. We're ready to go whenever you want no rush" Nora kissed her forehead again.
"What would I do with out you" June said getting out of bed before pulling her girlfriend in for a kiss "good morning"
"Afternoon" Nora corrected her laughing.

It only took June 30 minutes to get ready then they were off. Nora grabbed Junes hand and they were about to open the door when
"Where are you guys going with all that stuff" Alex asked
Startled June quickly dropped Noras hand "Oh we're just going on a trip up to Texas" June said looking at Nora pleadingly as she raised her eyebrows,
"Yeah just a trip, you know just gals being pals" Nora said somewhat glaring at June.
"Oh well cool have fun I guess" Alex said
Once they left Henry asked "Did you see how they were holding hands"
"They hold hands all the time its nothing."

When they got in the car Nora was still looking at June waiting for an explanation.
"Is it me? Or is it because your unsure of this, because if your not fully in this then I dont know if I want to be in this in general." Nora said throwing her hands in the air.
"What are you even talking about?!"
"The second Alex and Henry walked in you dropped my hand like I have some sort of disease. Like it's embarrassing to be seen with me"
"Nora, no thats not it at all. Look I admit I should have talked to you about this before thats my bad. But I promise this has nothing to do with you. Ive said it once Ill say it again you are the most perfect person in the whole world I have no idea why you even like my boring ass but you do and Ill forever be great full for that. I was just hoping we could keep it a secret for a little while. I'm not out to any of my family which isn't the part I'm worried about I mean my mom supported Alex through a sex scandal I think she'll be fine with me dating my bestfriend. But- ugh ok here's the thing. The only thing I have going for me is that I am the completely see through part that hold everyone together piece of everything. The whitehouse trio my family everyone. So while regular person June has room to experiment and be out and do all of these normal person things, the first daughter of the United States does not. June Claremont Diaz is the only "Straight" one left of the white house kids. You know what it's gonna look like when it comes out that you and I are a thing, that June Claremont Diaz the poster child is having an "affair" with the second daughter Nora Holleran. It's not gonna be good because thats jus the way press is no matter how much we tell them this is real. And I dont want to put everyone through that again. At least not right now. So it has nothing to do with how much I absolutely adore you. But I understand that you've been out for a while and dont want to go back in the closet, if you want to end whatever this is i understand we can just pretend it never happened" June let out a breath and to her protest a single tear.
"June, I'm sorry I never even thought about it like that. And how could you ever even suggest that I wouldn't want to be with you anymore you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I completely understand where you are coming from." Nora wiped the tear from Junes cheek and kissed her.
June smiled at her with a sigh of relief "Thank god I was gonna put on a brave face but I would have been devastated. Ok lets get driving shall we?"

Nora pulls out of the driveway managing to just get cash to come instead of three different cars. They put on their playlist and headed to Texas.

Ok thats not where I wanted to end it but I'm already at 1256 words and I try to keep these short so the date will be in the next chapter and its going to be very fluffy.