Chapter 21

Third Person

The day was going perfect, although Evan acted like he was annoyed with Rosie for making him invite the guys over he really didn't mind, not entirely at least.

Yes he would have preferred to spend his time with her and only her, but if she wanted more company who was he to refuse?.

He didn't think much of it when he saw his friends loading drinks after drinks filled with alcohol into his home like they were throwing a party for the entire school.

Of course he would never drink in front or Rosie.
It would be stupid to drink in front of her. That would be deciding to introduce her to a new side, another side of him; one he never wanted her to see.

He was in a relatively good mood. Even when his girlfriend got drunk off her ass and was probably going to be sick as fuck in the morning. It amused him, a bit.

He was of course bothered about the fact that she had been going through his things, she was so close to finding out the thing he had been avoiding for a while now. He needed to adress stuff with her and fast.

Even then he wasn't completely ticked off.

But that soon changed as soon as his eyes settled in on Rosie's parents.

They were both unaccompanied, and her mother looked as small and frail as ever, shakily hiding behind her father with a more than determined look in both their eyes.

Evan took his time to inspect them before asking them what the fuck they were doing in his home. If they thought they could take Rosie or even speak to her they thought wrong becasue he sure as hell wasn't going to be letting them within even five feet of her.

They were lucky they still roamed Scott free. He knew they were rich before and maybe if his father had intervened and used his power. The idea of them behind bars would've been a reality, but that wasn't at all the case.

For all he knew they had probably bribed one of the fucking policemen to not say a word about his statement, and because Rosie still hadn't talked to the police yet he was merely an accuser, no one would believe him.

That didn't mean he was about to give up though. He would fight for justice, for her. And to punish the idiots that thought they could get away with doing this to her.

The idiots that were now standing right in-front of him. A smirk resting on her fathers face, one he wanted to punch right off.

As he took his time inspecting them clearly, it was only then he noticed that Rosie was in fact a splitting image of her mother, maybe just a younger and timid version.

Her mother stood proud and tall, and even with the sad frown her facial expressions gave away she looked as if nothing in the world could tear her down. He silently admired that about the woman.

He wanted more than anything to lash out at them, to cuss them out or even beat the fuck out of Rosie's father but something held him back.

Usually Evan could give less than a fuck about respecting elders who don't deserve respect but that wasn't even the problem, the problem was Rose.

He knew deep down in his heart he couldn't disrespect them while she was still upstairs in his room waiting for her subtle curiosity to sneak up on her and coax her seeing why he hadn't come back yet.

Rosie had a big fucking heart, which was one of the many things he loved about her but if he even tried laying a hand on her parents while she was only a few feet away then that would hurt her, the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her.