Deadshot

FULL NAME
Floyd Lawton

OCCUPATION
Professional Assassin/Mercenary

BASE OF OPERATIONS
Gotham City (formerly Mobile)

AFFILIATIONS
The Joker
Black Mask
Penguin
Amanda Waller/Suicide Squad
Hugo Strange

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

HAIR
Brown

EYES
Blue

HEIGHT
6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

WEIGHT
193-200 lbs (87-91 kg)

Floyd Lawton, better known as Deadshot, is a mercenary and an old enemy of Batman. A 200 lb, 6'1" Caucasian male, he was considered to be the world's deadliest assassin (possibly behind Deathstroke) and never missed a shot, especially with his pair of silenced, wrist-mounted 9mm cannons. Deadshot disdained himself almost as much as his targets. Several prison psychologists had diagnosed him with "suicidal tendencies." Prior to his encounter with Batman, Deadshot had six counts of murder of the first degree, including the assassination of a government official, was potentially suffering from clinical depression, and was 27 at the time when he first encountered Batman.

Floyd Lawton was a military sniper, a great assassin, a master marksman, and his abilities led him to become known as Deadshot. However, Deadshot gained a reputation for taking unnecessary risks in his work, and was discharged from the Army. The root of this reckless behavior was believed to be to Deadshot's guilt over his accidental killing of his brother, an act that permanently unbalanced him. By the time he took the hit on Batman, he had six counts of murder in the first degree, including the assassination of at least one government official, and his medical records and associates were heavily redacted as well, only leaving speculation of his possessing clinical depression. In addition, a GCPD bulletin also indicated that Deadshot was the primary suspect of several murders and assassinations relating to complex bullet trajectories, with an extensive enough record to involve Federal and even INTERPOL investigations on him.

At some point, he had a daughter named Zoe. When his daughter was born, he decided that she came before any job. A portion of the money from his contracts always went to her.

"Dangerous but reckless" as he was described by Batman, Floyd Lawton was discharged from the Army for being unnecessarily risky. However, he was still considered the "World's Greatest Assassin" and had earned the title of Deadshot for his elaborate methods of tracking a target and expert marksmanship. Deadshot also held grudges, especially towards Batman, the only person who caused him to miss a target.

He was also shown to be very possessive regarding his prey during the time of Christmas, especially if said prey was being targeted by other assassins for a bounty. This was especially evident by his saving Batman twice, once from Deathstroke, and the other from some SWAT officers who intended to cash in on the bounty, solely to make sure he was the one who got the bounty.