Mr. Freeze

FULL NAME
Victor Fries

OCCUPATION
Fugitive
Criminal (formerly)
Cryogenicist (formerly)

BASE OF OPERATIONS
Gotham City
The Nora

AFFILIATIONS
Nora Fries
Batman

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

HAIR
None (formerly Brown)
White (Arkham Knight)

EYES
Icy Blue

HEIGHT
6ft. 3in.
6ft. 7in. (Armored)

WEIGHT
190lbs.

Victor Fries was a brilliant cryogenicist and former GothCorp. employee whose beloved wife, Nora, was stricken with a fatal degenerative disease. Fries placed Nora in suspended animation while he obsessively searched for a way to cure her, but the corporation that funded his research - and Nora's life - pulled the plug, and triggered an accident that transformed Fries' body into a cold-blooded form that must always be kept at absolute zero. At normal room temperature, he would die.

While wielding a number of cryogenic weapons, Freeze wore protective armor on his quest to bring back his lovely wife and avenge her fate - which he partly held Batman responsible for.

Victor Fries began his interest in cryonics at a young age. As a child, he froze over a dozen of his neighbors' pets in an attempt to cure them of their sickness, and fully intended to revive all of them later. When he was caught, Fries was sent to reform school and was disowned by his parents.

Fries proved to be more than just a delinquent. He put himself through school studying biology and chemistry. He turned his childhood fascination with cryogenics into a stellar career. Fries began a career at the cryogenics division at GothCorp, becoming one of their top researchers. He later met a woman named Nora, with whom he fell in love and later married.