Ch. 5 ~Date?~

Yamaguchi's POV
It was finally Tuesday. Tuesday, that wonderful terrifying day. Oh boy, was this day going to be just the greatest day in the entire history of mankind. It was just so exciting and not nervousness inducing at all. In no way could it possibly be sending Yamaguchi Tadashi into a panic, making him rethink every decision he had ever made in his life that led him to this point. No, he was just fine.

   "Hey, you good?"

   Daichi had somehow managed to sneak up behind him before he noticed and placed a hand on Yamaguchi's shoulder, concerned. 

   "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

   He was not fine. Quite the opposite. And Daichi could tell, with his extra "dad-senses," but he decided it would probably be best to leave the poor guy alone.

   "Hinata, you MORON-"

   Apparently, Hinata had managed to get stuck in the net, somehow, and now Kageyama was yelling at him.

   "Hey now, play nice!" Suga yelled.

   Daichi's attention now turned to his much more troublesome children, leaving Yamaguchi in peace. He took a shaky breath and turned toward the rest of the team, picking up a ball so he could join them in their spiking practice. It was a tiring day of practice, but as soon as it was over, Yamaguchi rushed as quickly as he could to get out the door. He was going to be late. Oh gosh, he was going to be so late. It was already 4:25, and they were supposed to meet at 4:30. He was a mess. He would have to take a train from here, and if he remembered correctly, one was supposed to leave at 4:27. Perhaps it was an odd time, but it worked out for Yamaguchi.

   He had to run. If he didn't run he wouldn't make the train. 4:26. He had to run. Faster. 4:27. No. No no no no. The train pulled out of the station just as Yamaguchi arrived. The next train wouldn't arrive until 4:46. Could he run the rest of the way? No, there weren't any streets that would take him where he needed to go.

   "Think Tadashi, think! How can I possibly make it there within a reasonable timespan? Will she get bored and leave? No...she doesn't seem like that kind of person...should I text her and let her know? No...what if I bother her? UUUggghhh..."

   He continued to quietly ramble to himself for another good 8 minutes before he finally slapped himself back into reality. There were 11 minutes left before the next train came. It wouldn't do him any good to stress out about this, when there wasn't anything he could do about it. Not that that stopped him from stressing.

   Five more minutes passed, and Yamaguchi was fidgeting beyond belief. He had already nearly worn a circle in the floor from his frantic pacing. Maybe he should get a drink? No, if he did that, it might take too long, and then the train would come, and she would hate him and never talk to him again, and he would be lonely for the rest of his life, until he was just a lonely old man who everyone hated because he was always late for everything, and then he would die and no one would come to his funeral except for (Y/N), who would only come to spit on his grave. Yeah, maybe it would be better to not get a drink.

   4:43. Somehow he had managed to spend three more minutes worrying about wether or not he should get something to drink. 4:44. So close. 4:45. If he concentrated hard enough, Yamaguchi thought he could maybe hear the train in the distance. 4:46. The train pulled up to the station right on time, and  Yamaguchi was the first to get on.