Ch. 8 ~Friends~

"Hey (Y/n), your phone just buzzed," Kure said from the other side of the room. You were hanging out with her and Atlas at your house, studying. Well, more just trying to do homework and messing around a bit, but anyways.

"What is it?"

"It's a message from 'Yams, french fries, smiley face'."

Did she really have to read out the whole thing like that? Probably not, but she did it anyway.

"It says-" she gasped and you turned to look at her.

"What? What does it say? He's not dead, is he?!"

"No, he's not dead. I just didn't know you had such a way with the guys (Y/n)." She looked at you, biting her lip and winking with her hand under her chin like one of those cursed emojis.

"What?"

You rushed over to where she was sitting and picked up your phone. The message read "Hey (Y/n), I don't know if you're busy or not, but there's this festival coming up on the 15th and I was hoping that maybe you would want to go with me. If not, that's perfectly okay, I just thought it might be fun."

Your heart nearly leapt through your chest. Was this a date? Was this just a friends kind of thing? What did he mean by it? Did he like you? Did you like him? This was all too confusing. You mentally checked over your calendar. You were free on the fifteenth, and a festival did sound like fun. Should you say yes then? You quickly typed out a response, then erased it, then tried a different response, and erased that too.

"Well, what did you say?"

It was Atlas who spoke this time, as Kure had been looking over your shoulder, curious about your response.

"AHHHHHH, gimme some room to BREaTHe-" You said, clutching your phone to your chest, looking over your shoulder to Kure.

"Fine, fine," Kure said, rolling away gracefully.

You looked back at your phone, totally unsure of what you were going to say. You really did want to go, but what if it ruined your relationship with Yamaguchi? You didn't want that to happen. He'd probably get sad and then he'd die from loneliness because he would never be able to open up to anyone again after getting his heart so viciously ripped out of his chest and torn to shreds by you. Not that you wanted to do that. And that probably wouldn't happen anyways.

"Man, you take forever to respond (Y/N)," Atlas said, flopping upside down off your bed.

"I can't think if you keep distracting me! Now shush."

"Hmmm, let me guess...you're worried about putting your relationship at risk?" Kure said from her position on the floor.

"N-NO...how'd you know...?"

"You are a face and I am Rohan with Heaven's Door."

"Really, a Jojo's reference? I thought this was Haikyuu."

"What's that?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

You turned back to your screen again, trying to focus. Aww, you should just do it. No risks, no chance of a happy relationship with a very cute freckly boy! You took the shot, pressing the send button before you could have a chance to regret your decisions. You said yes.

In almost no time at all, compared to how long you took to reply, he responded. His message read simply, "Great! I can't wait to see you there! I'll be sure to give you all the details soon!"

You looked up to see your friends watching you. Well, Kure was staring at you, Atlas was pretending like she wasn't.

"Have either of you been to a festival before?"

"I've been a couple of times with my parents," Atlas said, shrugging. "That was a while ago though."

"I went to one last year! It was pretty cool!" Kure sat up on the floor, crossing her legs underneath her.

"Wasn't that the one with that one guy you ran into who you said was hot?"

She had indeed talked about a guy. In fact, she had pretty much talked about it for the whole week afterwards. Not that you minded, of course.

"I did not say he was hot!" Kure said defiantly.

"I only said that he was nice. And yeah, maybe he looked nice too, but that's not important. And he was only helping me find my keys, because I had lost them. That was it."

"Oh, yeah, suuure. What was his name again? Mushy something?"

"That wasn't his name and you know it!"

"Oooh, does somebody have a crush????"

"NO!" Kure yelled, a bit too loudly.

It was nice getting to laugh with your friends like this. Especially now that the attention was off of you and your love life for once. And it was always funny to watch Kure get defensive over festival boy. But now you had a festival boy of your own. Kind of.

*******************************************

It was the night of the festival, and you looked awesome if you did say so yourself. Not to brag or anything, but that yukata looked sick as heck man. It was a nice red color with flowers as detailing.

Yamaguchi should be here to pick you up soon, in about five or so minutes. You had told Atlas and Kure exactly where you would be, just in case you got kidnapped or something. It never hurt to be extra careful.

You heard a knock on the door and went to open it. Yamaguchi stood there in a light blue yukata with little designs like crowns or mountains or something similar, and a white obi wrapped around his waist. Not too bad, Yamaguchi, not too bad. He actually looked kind of cute. Of course, that wasn't to say he didn't always look cute. He saw you and his jaw dropped, nearly hitting the floor.

"Wow (Y/N), you look really good." His cheeks flushed and you smiled. You were going to have a lot of fun tonight.

———————————————————————

Hey! Spiffy here! Hope you guy enjoyed this chapter! Wow, Kure and I literally wrote this whole chapter on the same day I posted the last chapter, in the span of like 2 hours, it was SO fast lol. As per usual, thank to Kure! And thanks to you guys for reading this far! It means a lot to us! I hope you guys will look forward to the next chapter! See you guys then! ✌︎^-^