4.

The rest of the day went smoothly, Maya was in her room for a moment before leaving for college. While Carina and Andrew took advantage of the afternoon to go for a walk in the park and eat ice cream. They also went shopping at the supermarket to fill the cupboard with what Carina liked the most.

- So everything okay with Maya? Andrew asked as they drove home.

- I can't promise we'll be best friends, but I'll do my best to keep things peaceful. Carina replied, unsure if she could handle Maya, since they had gotten off on the wrong foot from the start.

- I'm sure you'll get along great; you'll see. Said Andrew with a big smile, to which Carina responded by rolling her eyes, as she was convinced that wouldn't happen.

Upon returning to the apartment, Carina noticed that there were again two pairs of shoes and two jackets in the entryway and couldn't help but make a comment about it.

- Wait, is she with someone again? Carina wasn't at all opposed to casual encounters, indeed she quite enjoyed them when she was in Italy. But she didn't know why the idea of Maya being with another girl in her room bothered her.

- I don't know, but it's none of our business. Andrew said without giving it much importance. – What do you want for dinner? We can cook something, for old time's sake.

- Remember the pasta mom taught us how to make? Carina replied.

- Yes, it's one of my favorite recipes. Go wash your hands, I'll get all the ingredients out. Said Andrew with a big smile, while Carina jumped up and down with excitement.

When Carina came back she put on some Italian music and the two started cooking, remembering the old days when they were kids and their mother taught them both how to cook. Well, she was trying to teach them both, but the reality was that Andrew was the only one paying attention, while Carina twirled and danced around the kitchen to her favorite Italian music. Things hadn't changed at all, as while Andrew was preparing dinner Carina was dancing and twirling all over the place.

- Oh my goodness, what is that exquisite smell! Interrupted a voice startling Andrew who was just finishing getting everything ready.

Vic and Maya had left the room and as Vic approached the kitchen to see where the smell was coming from Maya was in a trance, staring as Carina moved her hips to the music, so focused on what she was doing that she had no idea what was going on around her and didn't notice Maya watching her.

- God, what a scare! Vic, I didn't know you were here. Andrew replied waving to the girl and lowering the volume of the music, which caused Carina to stop and turn her attention to Andrew.

- What happened to the music? shouted Carina, who turned around and noticed the two girls standing there, Maya staring at her. – Oh hi! Was all she said somewhat awkwardly when she saw Maya and a beautiful curly-haired brunette.

- Hi, I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vic. She said as she walked over to greet Carina.

- Carina, Andrew's sister. Replied Carina returning her greeting.

- Andrew why didn't you ever mention that your sister was so beautiful. Isn't that right Bishop? Tell me if she doesn't look like a supermodel. Are you sure you two are siblings? Vic joked making everyone laugh.

- Keep up those jokes and I won't give you a taste of my delicious Italian recipe. Andrew replied pretending to be offended.

- We didn't mean to intrude, we were just going to order pizza for dinner. Said Maya specifically addressing Carina.

- No way, there's enough food for everyone, so you're having real Italian food for dinner. Andrew interrupted.

- Yes! shouted Vic, excited because she loved Andrew's food, as she helped Andrew carry the plates to the table.

- You have good taste, she's really pretty. Said Carina approaching Maya.

- Wait! What? You think Vic and I? No, no, no! Vic is my best friend, we were just working on a project. Maya replied, quite surprised by Carina's insinuation.

- Sorry, it's just that after the noises last night and what that girl told me in the morning, I thought she was another one of your... you know, one-night stands.

- Noises from the night before? Girl in the morning? What are you talking about? Asked Maya who had no idea what the Italian was referring to.

- That girl, what was her name? Lara... Laura... Lauren yes Lauren, you know the one you had sex with all night, the noises could be heard all over the place. In the morning we bumped into each other before she left and she said a couple of things to me. Said Carina trying to sound as casual as possible.

- God! Did you hear all that? I was drunk and completely forgot you were going to be here. You must think I'm the worst again. Shit! I'm sure that wasn't the best way to spend your first night in this town. Maya said with pink cheeks.

- I did have a rather peculiar welcome, starting with the spilled coffee on my shirt. Carina smiled.

- I thought we had already forgotten the incident. Smiled Maya. – But I'm sorry if I didn't let you sleep, next time I'll try not to make so much noise. She added with a smirk.

- Don't worry this is your home, you don't have to apologize. Said Carina and turned around heading towards the table, she didn't give it much importance, but she was happy to know that Maya and Vic were just good friends.