31.

Ok, I know everyone here is a little upset that I stopped updating and I'm sorry, but life is a bitch and I don't have a lot of time. But here I am trying to get this back up and running. It took me a long time to get a new chapter written and it probably won't be that good so I don't promise to update fast, but I'll do my best.

Again sorry and thanks for your comments and for reading what I write.

Maya was silent for a moment before completely closing the space between them and after a big breath, she finally exclaimed what was troubling her. - Carina, why do you keep lying to me?

The room fell silent, both staring into each other's eyes, Maya's eyes red from crying and Carina, Carina had a face that was hard to read at that moment. A mixture of anger, confusion and disgust?

- I can't do this, I need... I need... It was the last thing Carina said before running out to one of the restroom cubicles and slamming the door shut.

- So you can't tell me the truth, am I really so bad that you'd rather hide in a cubicle than tell me the truth? Maya shouted angrily, ready to get out of there and never speak to Carina again, until she heard what was going on in the booth. 

Carina's head was spinning, she wanted to talk to Maya, to find out what was going on, why the blonde was so angry, but the shots mixed with the emotions of the night took effect and she couldn't control it anymore. She quickly ran into a cubicle and let it all out. Argh! she was sure she would regret the next day that she had drunk so much. She was cursing in her head whoever had convinced her to take so many shots, when she heard the soft knocking at the door.

- Carina, are you okay? Maya asked as she heard the Italian throwing up non-stop. At that moment her anger subsided, they still needed to talk, but first she had to make sure Carina was okay.

- Can you open the door, please. She added as she received no answer from the other side.

- No. She heard a soft murmur from the other side.

- Carina, please let me in, I can help you. Maya insisted. - Carina, please.

- Why, why do you want to help me if you don't trust me? Carina whispered after a while, when she had managed to stop throwing up.

All was silent again and Carina thought that Maya was really gone, that she didn't trust her anymore and that she had left her for good. The night just keeps getting worse she thought, as she let out a low sob.

Maya heard Carina's sobs from the other side and felt guilty, but she couldn't forget the image of Carina surrounded by Gabriella's arms and how she kissed her neck so naturally as if it was the most normal thing, but of course for her it was and Maya couldn't stand that idea.

- I'm going to call Gabriella, she will know how to help you. Maya said after a while, scaring Carina who thought she was alone.

Maya was about to leave the bathroom in search of Gabriella when the cubicle door suddenly opened and Carina came out furious.

- No! I don't want Gabriella! I just want you to trust me! Carina exclaimed.

- Carina...

- No! You said you would trust me, but here we are again! I didn't lie to you Maya and if you would talk to me and tell me what happened I could clear it up, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to have done now to make you like this.

- She kissed you. Maya murmured.

- What? Asked Carina who hadn't managed to hear the blonde.

- She kissed you Carina, she kissed you and she touched you and you didn't do anything. How do you want me to feel? 

- Oh! Exclaimed Carina, finally understanding what it was all about, between everything that had happened she didn't even remember what had happened with Gabriella.

- Oh! Is that all you have to say? Maya exclaimed, fidgeting nervously.

- Okay, Maya breathe. Said Carina trying to calm her down. - First, she wasn't touching me, we were just dancing, that's how I dance with my friends and you don't seem upset that I did it with Vic and Andy too. Second, the kiss was an accident, it was so insignificant I didn't even remember it happening and when she did it I immediately told her to stop. She knows things aren't like they used to be Maya and you would know that if you had talked to me and let me explain everything.

- Did you stop her? Maya asked looking at the floor, too embarrassed to look Carina in the eye.

- Of course I did, didn't you see? Carina whispered softly, leaning closer to Maya.

Maya shook her head softly.

- I was so angry that I only saw when she came at your neck with her lips and I stormed out of there. Maya admitted.

- And your best idea was to run off crying to a bathroom? Instead of talking to me? Carina tried to joke, but she didn't get the reaction she expected from the blonde.

- Actually, I didn't come straight here. Maya admitted even more embarrassed.

- Didn't you? Carina asked, encouraging the blonde to keep talking.

- I'm so sorry Carina. Sobbed Maya, throwing herself into the Italian's arms, confusing her even more.

- Hey! No, don't cry. I'm sorry, it was all a misunderstanding, but I want you to know that it won't happen again. I'm going to talk to Gabriella, but please, Maya, I'm asking you again, trust me.

- No, you don't understand. Exclaimed Maya pulling away from Carina. - I'm sorry, because I was so angry and that guy... he was so nice and he made that comment and then I saw the two of you and I felt so insecure and he insisted and I couldn't help it Carina, I....

Carina felt a tightening in her chest, this couldn't be happening "please let it not be true, please let it not be true" she repeated over and over in her mind, hoping not to hear any of the bad scenarios that came to her mind at that moment. 

- I... I said we had to be honest, so I'm going to be honest with you Carina. He invited me to his apartment, I immediately refused, but when I saw Gabriella kiss you I was so mad I almost walked out of here with him. I was so close and I don't know what would have happened if I had really done it, but when he gave me his jacket and I realized it wasn't you Carina, I couldn't do it and immediately ran to the bathroom. I'm so sorry, I understand if you don't trust me anymore, but I swear to you nothing happened.

Carina could breathe again at that moment and without hesitation she took Maya's face in her hands and pressed her lips together. It was a messy kiss, they could feel the salty taste of their tears mingle, but it felt good, it felt like coming home.

- We really need to talk Maya, because this is not going to get anywhere if we don't trust each other, but I want you to know that I am willing to work on us, ok? Carina said as she separated from the blonde.

Maya simply nodded, still looking Carina in the eyes, assuring her with her gaze that she too was willing to work on them.