Collided

"Aisha sweetheart! If my dad or mom call you and ask about me, please pretend that I am staying at your place tonight." I instructed Aisha on call.

"Not again Zara!" She groaned recalling the trouble it costed her the last time.

"Please! I told them your Mom is sick, please my love." Before she could make excuses I dropped the call.

I was at the hotel room waiting for my friends. It was time to change my look. I changed my Kurta into a skinny jeans with a white crop top. Straightened my hair, put on makeup and my high heels. I am not a very self-obsessed person, but I had to admit I looked perfect. In the meantime, my phone rang. I picked up my stuff and left hotel.

Hashir, Samra and Anaya were in the car. I greeted everyone and sat on the front seat. We decided to go clubbing. Hashir was Samra's boyfriend and Anaya was Samra's cousin. Three of them were my friends. The kind of friends my Mom always warned me about. So I decided to keep them a secret.
**********

The loud music, colourful lights and dancing bodies made this place charming

The loud music, colourful lights and dancing bodies made this place charming. Young girls and boys kept coming and leaving, dancing and singing, drinking and pretending to be the happiest. The corner of the hall was a small bar filled with i don't know what types of drinks. Drunk or not, everyone seemed unconcious, careless and intoxicated -me included.

I was dancing with Anaya at first. And then she sweeped away with this young clean shaved guy. I was dancing alone till now, when i felt a hand on my hips. It didn't surprise me and I kept swaying my hips uninterrupted.

After moments that felt like centuries passed, I turned around and curled my arms around the neck of that body. Who was obviously waiting for my move, and grabbed me gently by my waist. A cool touch of hands on my bare waist sent shivers down my spine. As I looked up, I saw a familiar face in dim lights. Sharp features, thick eyebrows and thin trimmed beard.

"Hellow handsome" I greeted him touching his lips with my forefinger. He was looking straight into my eyes, deeply and seriously. I felt like I had seen him before. I tried to recall.

He was the buzzer-boy, Haider Ali.

************
"Coca-Cola please!" I told the waiter at the bar.

"You don't drink?"

"No."

"Doesn't look like."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing! I will take Coca-Cola too."

Haider was standing right in front of me, waiting for our beverages after we danced.

"You dance so well girl!" He complimented as he took out a cigarette from his pocket.

"I can't believe you are the nerd who won the Science contest." I answered. He raised his eyebrows, lit his cigarette and put it in his mouth.

"Why? Why shouldn't nerds have fun? Also, I am not surprised to see you here.. looking this non-nerdy and beautiful" He whispered the last word coming closer to me.

I took his cigarette and took a puff. I could see his jaws drop and surprise covered his face. "Really?" He whispered to himself.

Something about him was safe. No, i don't mean his bodyguard type six packs ripping his tshirt. He wasn't like the jerks I have met here before. I couldn't stand anyone beyond a few seconds, and here, I almost spent half my night with him.

When the waiter came, he rejected one glass of coke which surprised me. "Why not share?" He offered. I smiled and answered, "Sip, sip, sip! Puff, puff, puff!"

The cigarette and drink was finished and our jokes weren't. I was unusually comfortable with him. When our laughs faded, he grabbed me by my waist. And I curled my hands around his neck, again. Same pose we had throughout our dance. But this time, our faces right against eachother's. Our foreheads resting against eachother's. Our chests pounding against eachother's.

"Haider.." I whispered. Something inside my gut clinched. Feeling of doing something wrong.

He pulled me closer to him. His face moved to my neck. And then to my ears. "You smell like home, Zara" he whispered. I closed my eyes and tried to sink the warm moment in my bones. It was wrong. My gut feeling kept telling me. I didn't want to hear that. To hear anything.

"Zara.. babe we need to be going." But then I heard Hashir shout from the other side of hall. I unwillingly released myself from his grasp and hinted Hashir to wait for me.

I saw Haider pout like a kid who had to say goodbye to his favourite toy. Then he got serious. He took my both wrists and clenched them together at my back. "No, I wont let you go."

"I dont want to." I whispered.