Date

"Things are going beyond my control Aisha, I would have to meet him." I ranted in front of her, as always.

"How could he refuse me when he, himself asked Aunt Hareem for the meeting?" I was confused at the hypocrisy of this man. First he wanted to meet me, and now when I called myself to ask for the meeting, he refused.

"Umm I think Zara, chances are he didn't like you after seeing you that day! Oh that could be a good news!" Aisha exclaimed roaming back and forth around the room.

"Ofcourse, he didn't like me and his mother is arranging engagement in a week. How sensible. Ughh!" I couldn't think of any way out. But I also couldn't let myself be his fiance, or wife or anything. Though that was not the bad idea, considering the fact he was quite handsome, educated and established. And he liked me too. But why would he refuse to meet me? Maybe he is too religious.

"If he was this religious, why did he ask Aunt Hareem for the meeting? Maybe it was her idea. Yeah, maybe." I kept asking and answering my own questions. In the meanwhile, my phone rang.

Irtiza Ali is calling, it said. I jumped off bed in nervousness and looked at Aisha, clueless.

After a whole century passed, I picked the call.

"H.. hello?"

"Assalam alaikum Zara." Ofcourse, he initiated with reminding me of some basic etiquettes. I merely rolled my eyes.

"You there?" He asked after a long pause, to which i nodded, not realizing that it wasn't a video call.

"Tomorrow, at Cafe Crunch, 3 pm. Are you free?" He asked in a not-so-sure tone.

"Sure, I will be there." I answered with a tone as he had invited me for political meeting instead of a date. A date? With him? An arranged-date?

"After Aunt Hareem told me about your values and how you won't settle for a meeting like this, I was always reluctant to ask you. Then, she promised herself that she will arrange it for me... That was a very kind gesture and I couldn't wait. But then.. Ahh. I am sorry for the response i gave this morning. I was not ready for such a move from you, and I don't know how I just refused. I am sorry.. Zara." He must had prepared this speech for a long time. 100 marks for the thick manly accent and calm delivery.

"No.. its not a problem. See you tomorrow." And i hung up the call.

"Oh My God Aisha! Tomorrow! Okay now it's my turn to practice the speech. How am I gonna convince him?"

"Forget that, how are you going to even sneak out?" She looked worried about the part I was least worried about.

"Stupid question. Did you forget we have a assignment tomorrow and we will be doing that together at your place? So, I will have to go to your place right after college." I winked at her.

"Please grow up Zara! Do you have any idea we were on the edge last time too? The driver told my dad everything about picking you at midnught from a fucking Bus Stand."

"Wh.. what? Don't Tell Me!" I couldn't imagine being judged by Uncle.

"Yeah, but i covered it saying that you were staying at Sana's place and blah blah. But no more lies sweetheart, Don't count me in." She would always say this, but in the end, she is on the top of my go-to list.

I jumped at her to hug her but something alarming popped in my mind.

"OH NO."

"What?"

"I have to meet Haider tomorrow!"

"Wait what? You're talking to him?"

I shrugged.