Sand Castle

"So you bunked your classes?" He raised his eyebrows with a hint of joy in his eyes. I shrugged with a laugh. "Thats fun! Rather just being absent, like you did."

He looked like the most peaceful thing in the city right now. He was driving through the empty roads in this residential area, with me beside him on the passenger seat. His signature look of folded sleeves and white button up shirt was enhanced by the sun kisses.

"You think I didn't have fun?" He rolled his eyes. "The day when a boy is going to meet a beautiful girl, the sun rises in the most naught ways, you know." He said with a wink, "and then everything that follows is fun!"

"Totally illogical" I burst out in laughter on his baseless joke.

"So, where to, Miss?" He said with the titanic-boy mimicry and charm stronger than his. "To the stars" I shrugged as that was the most accessible place.

"Since I am a student and I can't afford such a date-point, please let me take you to my favourite restaurant, that is in Lahore but trust me, it has a history record which proves its existence on the stars!" He explained with glittery eyes. His eyes were always this way when he talked about his favourite things. Even over call, he sounds like glitters talking about things he loves.

"Now I am confused Haider! Is everything your favourite or you are, you know, calling regular places 'your favourite' to make it more umm.. more romantic." I asked looking at him and he face changed the cheerful colour to a deep calm one with a hint of confusion in his squinted eyes.

"I have never thought this. But Zara, trust me I have very few places that I call my favouritea and I want to show you all of them." He said looking straight into my eyes. Like he meant it, like he really wanted to. And then turned back at the road and rested his hand on my thigh.

"You know, I feel like I am on a beach and I have made a sand castle with my hands. That sand is you, and I know that i made the castle too close to the waves. Too risky. And it will take only one wave to destroy it. To take you away from me.. so before you are slipped away, I want to rest in this sand castle with you and dream about everything impossible. I never felt this way before.." He whispered the last words to himself sinking deep in a thought.

It took me minutes to absorb his theory and it'll take a lifetime, to understand it. I kept looking at him and held his hand. Moving it from my thigh to my lips, holding it tight. Something inside me didn't like this idea of 'slipping away'.

He parked the car in parking lot of a park. It was 12pm and the sun was generously shining making everything flaming hot. I was wearing a jeans with a sleeveless pink top and a denim jacket over it. The weather was killing me. I tied my hair into a tight ponytail and relaxed for a minute.

Haider rested his head against the seat and closed his eyes, with no intention of getting out of car apparent. He looked like a masterpiece who hadn't found its worth yet. I couldn't resist him. I untied my laces, and removed my sneakers.

I was in his lap then, with my legs on his either side, my hands rolling his hair on my fingers, his hands around my waist, and our eyes staring straight into each other's.

I moved my hands from his hair down to his neck and kissed his nose. A cute little peck.
He smiled and shifted his gaze like he was shy. And when the gaze came back, it was stronger than any passion. He pulled me tighter into himself and moved his one hand to my neck. And I leapt for his lips. His tongue. His taste. How much I missed it? I never realised untill then. I only stopped kissing him when I was breathless.

He took off my jacket and trailed his hands throughout my arms in a way it made me close my eyes. And then he grabbed me by my waist letting me stay still and I continued playing with his hair. And we kissed again. Why was I doing it? I didn't know. I wanted to have him closer. So close that we could fuse our atoms.

"Why do you think I would slip away?" I whispered to him, resting my forehead on his, holding his cheeks.

"Girls like you are not to stay, Zara." And I was thrown back into the reality.