I Brought Someone into My Reality

"You're from the... oh wow," I said in awe. My jaw just dropped.

"Thanks for finally bringing me here! I've been trying for years." The person that appeared to be Billy said.

"You're saying... that I... brought you... here?" I stammered.

"Yeah, you didn't know?" Billy asked.

I just shook my head. You're the great dimension traveler. Bella had said. Was she right? I'm not sure anymore. On one hand, magic doesn't exist, it's not explainable but on the other hand, I just pulled someone from thin air.

"Oh boy. Didn't you explain it to her, Bella?" Billy asked Bella.

"I did it! She just doesn't believe me. Or anyone for that matter." Bella protested.

Billy sighed and turned to me. "Piloma, why don't you believe us?"

"Because it's impossible! You people are crazy! I'm going home!" I said and as I turned around I realized that there was no way of getting there.

"You can't get there can you?" Billy asked.

I turned back to Billy. "No. I can't." I said, sounding defeated. This is exactly why I hated this. I keep getting pulled into things I don't want to be a part of.

"Didn't you talk to Kayla?" Billy asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, sounding a bit rude.

"She didn't explain what happened? And the doctor?" He asked.

"Well, yeah, they did but none of what they're saying makes sense," I said and then I noticed Billy give Bella a look.

"Look, Piloma, I know this is all a little crazy but these people need your help. We are all depending on you to get home. Some of these people have been here for years. Especially Kayla." He said looking up at Kayla's cell.

It took me a minute but I got it. "Kayla's been here her whole life hasn't she?"

"Yes. Same with me in my dimension." Billy said.

"Don't you see, Piloma? You are these people's last hope." Bella said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked down. "I guess you're right," I said softly.

"Yeah?" Bella asked.

"Yeah," I said with a warm smile. "I'll help."

Now, don't call me crazy but when I said that I thought of every drama show to ever exist's yay-you're-helping music. You know when the main character is like 'Yeah, I'll help you.' and then the music starts playing? Yeah, that.

"Okay, so you need to come to my dimension," Billy said with a lighter tone.

"Why?" I asked.

"Billy, believes they have doppelgangers," Bella exclaimed.

"Doppel-who-now?" I asked.

Billy laughed a little. "Doppelgangers. They are people that look the same but different backstories and names. They are kind of like twins but from different realities."

"Yeah, cause that's real," I said with a smile. "Kidding. How do we get there?"

"You," Billy said.

"M-me?" I stuttered. "How?"

I heard Bella sigh from my right. "Haven't you been listening? You are the great dimension traveler." She looked at me and she knit her eyebrows. She wiped something from under my nose. I noticed that it was blood. I touched under my nose and it was wet with blood.